Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

Lots of crazy things happening with my Arlo wireless the past few weeks.

Sometimes I get a notifiction... but no video in the library.

Sometimes there is a new video in the library, but no notification.

Someties Arlo will not make a recording for someone entering the house, but 10 minutes later record them leaving.

Or the reverse... record them entering, but not leaving 10 minutes later...

I have it set for 10 second recordings... but this morning I got a 6 1/2 minute recording... that stops playing at 1 minute 30 seconds, but I can move further through it by clicking on the progress bar. I have had extra long recordings like this before... as well as occasionally some 7 second recordings instead of the 10 second recordings for which Arlo is set.

Sometimes Arlo turns on immediately as someone enters the view of the camera... sometimes I get a recording the only shows them at the very end of the 10 second recording.... both waking the same pathway.

VERY inconsistent lately... originally was near perfect for a month, now quirky and undependable.

Battery status bar shows two bars.

Plesae advise.

Bill

34 REPLIES 34
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well yesterday was a day of extreme frustration with my 4 Arlo camera's.  One of my camera's  (A) would notify me (bing on the phone) that there was motion and it would even trigger the other camera(B) and follow rules however it would NOT record the motion on A. That continued all day long and then last night it started to record. Today one of my cameras has a big moisture spot on it that is not going away. It looks like fog and it is right in the middle of the picture. This is a vacation cottage and I am having seignifcant difficulties with a neighbor. I need a battery powered system as there isn't electricity where I need to watch. Arlo is not consistant. I love the idea and love it when it works but hardly a day goes by that something isn't working correctly.

Arlo Tech support is more like customer service. They DO NOT understand aynthing over and above reading the answer to the problem and making sure they say your name over and over. Yesterday they told me to go and walk in front of the camera to test it out. Well I am 100 miles away and that isn't going to happen.I have called customer service at least 4 times.  

Not sure what is going to happen with the big moisture spot but if it doesn't go away how do I return the cameras?

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Both app & email. Either the recordings are not being made, are being recorded but interrupted or they are being deleted. The fact that the icon did not show movement triggered on one occasion would indicate that is at least part of the problem.
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

It just started happeing again. The camera bings my phone and I look at the cameras and see 1 video (not in library, only on the camera page) I click it and NOTHING. I just can not count on it to be reliable. It works and then it doesn't. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JustLearning wrote:
Both app & email. Either the recordings are not being made, are being recorded but interrupted or they are being deleted. The fact that the icon did not show movement triggered on one occasion would indicate that is at least part of the problem.

Interrupted videos should still show in the library, just short. There have been issues in the past with slow updates to the library for some reason and at least o e other person here is nmow reporting similar issues. I'd suggest a trouble ticket since there's nothing you can do and the ticket will help raise awareness. Don't take no for an answer - be insistent.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Fwiw, I'm not having such issues so maybe it's related to a specific server. A trouble ticket will raise awareness.

The blob on the camera lens may be a spider web, water, whatever. There's no way to prevent this short of being physically present to clear the area or lens. Any camera is prone to this, not just Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nothyme,

Push notifications are sent at the start of motion detection, not when the recording is finished. Depending on the length you have set for your recordings it may take longer for the video to show up in the library. Are you allowing time for the recording to finish and appear in the library? Do the recordings never show up?

JamesC

JudyU
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similiar issues. When I first got the step-up it was perfect; then came the updated software and now I can't rely on the system.  I have my motion set at 100%  for 60 sec. and one camera pointed at the door, however, I discover I have no recordings of people coming in the house but will get a recording of people walking about in the house.  So, how did they get in and how long have they been there. I have checked each camera and they are active but not working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means the camera is disarmed. If so, check the selected mode to ensure that it's appropriate.
Watcher1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have exactly the same situation ( door) . And the same Problem. Get Notification to Iphone App when someone entered the House. But no email and no Video. Then 5 Minutes later the person is passing the door area again . Now Everything ist fine . Notifikation OK , Email OK , Video in Libary OK. My System Arlo Pro ist new ( 3 days  )and i have installed all Updates ( on camera and on Station) . Very, verry annoying !

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Watcher1960,

Consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button). Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC