Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

Lots of crazy things happening with my Arlo wireless the past few weeks.

Sometimes I get a notifiction... but no video in the library.

Sometimes there is a new video in the library, but no notification.

Someties Arlo will not make a recording for someone entering the house, but 10 minutes later record them leaving.

Or the reverse... record them entering, but not leaving 10 minutes later...

I have it set for 10 second recordings... but this morning I got a 6 1/2 minute recording... that stops playing at 1 minute 30 seconds, but I can move further through it by clicking on the progress bar. I have had extra long recordings like this before... as well as occasionally some 7 second recordings instead of the 10 second recordings for which Arlo is set.

Sometimes Arlo turns on immediately as someone enters the view of the camera... sometimes I get a recording the only shows them at the very end of the 10 second recording.... both waking the same pathway.

VERY inconsistent lately... originally was near perfect for a month, now quirky and undependable.

Battery status bar shows two bars.

Plesae advise.

Bill

34 REPLIES 34
paulmd
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same, strange experience. Use to be flawless but now has many strange happenings (ex. long video recording, notifications but no video, delay in sending video notification to email, etc.....

Ghostbuster
Star
Star

I've also been having numerous issues since the new app upgrade. 

*Motion detected but no video or email.

*There is a minimum 2 hour delay when the videos finally upload.

*Many videos never appear as well.

*Videos that are set to record for 30 seconds have recorded double that time. One video recorded for 9 minutes with no motion to set it off.

*80% of recorded videos go over set recorded time.

*When opening the app on my iOS device it automatically triggers a camera to record though there is no motion detected.

*I can rely that the videos and notification system will be delayed by at least two hours each day since the "upgrade".

*The Arlo App has crashed twice this week. This had never happened before.

Paltik
Tutor
Tutor
Im experiencing the same thing
JimHub
Initiate
Initiate
I'm seeing the exact same issues as described in this thread. It's been since the last IOS app update and I even had Arlo chat support on yesterday and we reset both Arlo and Router and all of a sudden all the lost old videos showed up! Today it's showing me a notification that it's detected motion, show the library says 1 new video, but when you click on the library it's empty.
W4JTB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here since update. I'll get a notification but the recordings are missing.
TonyinSeattle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. I'm about to return this product.
W4JTB
Aspirant
Aspirant

My other two are great....no problems. Love the system...but this one particular camera has problems. It does that and sometimes won't initiate the LED's at night. 

djksutton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem. Anyone have the answer?
Slowdiesel
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAME ISSUE VERY UNHAPPY!!

jesse03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm noticing the same thing.  Please respond Netgear!

wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

Yesterday this is what was happening with my Arlo wireless system:

Somone would trigger the motion detection. Apparently a video was made, but no notification sent for an hour and a half. When I logged on during that hour and a half I would see a 'clip' of the video in the camera view, but there was no video in the library. After about an hour and a half I would get a notification, then log it and find the hour and a half old video in the library. However, there was one or two times (out of maybe 10) when the video was available right away, but the notification still took an hour and a half. Crazy. Since the camera is taking the video, it seems to me that the problem is with Netgear's server and or cloud system. Perhaps they are upgrading and had to slow things down while working on it? Or maybe they just don't got overwhelmed and don't have enoug capacity.... All those Arlo Christmas gifts coming on line now? Would be great if we could get some comments from Netgear as to what is going on and when/if it will be fixed.

b

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

Ghostbuster
Star
Star

The issues I'm experiencing today are not just delayed video upload and email notification. But opening the app is still triggering motion detecting recording despite no motion occurring. One huge problem that has also recently begun is that motion is detected but there is a noticeable delay of recording the incident. This results in 20 seconds of nothing because the action already came and went.

So it appears the issue just isn't with the cloud and networking services but other software issues. There seem to be new and worsening issues with this system daily.

The email notification has been spotty today. Several videos took three hours to be delivered while others were instantaneous. But it was working 80% of the time until 1:40pm today. Now it's back to no video upload and no email notification at all.

Francie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Francie,

Are you getting any error messages along with this behavior? Is it still occurring or is the issue intermittent?

JamesC

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is happening now.
Francie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues here. And it only seems to be getting worse.
Francie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also when I try to view some videos the screen goes black. Still see the play/pause button but the video is just a black screen. Also I will be on the app a camera picks up motion starts recording but I never get the video
Francie
Aspirant
Aspirant
The only "error message " I get is unable to play try again later.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe server issues?  It's working for me now with no issues (yesterday had some glitches).  If it's still an issue, where are you located?

nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant
New Arlo user. Getting notification of motion and find no vidoe.also have camera's set to record when another is set off but it is very inconsistent. Phone tech support isn't really helpful.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nothyme,

Are you able to live stream the cameras and take a manual recording? Does the recording show up in the library?

Check to make sure you have to appropriate mode set for motion detection to be active (Default mode Armed).

JamesC

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
It is in the right mode, seems to live stream but the manual recordings show and the motion triggered recordings do not.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which notifications are you using - app or email?  If email is disabled, try enabling it so both are enabled.  That way you will get the notification you always have and the email would have a link to the video.  If there's no email notification, but just the app, I'd try making a new mode with appropriate rules to see if it's the mode/rules you're using that's the problem.  Worst case, you may want to factory reset the system and start over.

First things first, though...