Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing videos and Cameras not recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Delicious_Noob
Novice
Novice

Hello

The arlo system at home was working fine up until recently but an issue seems to have come up.

All previous recordings seem to have been erased, I can't access them the way i normally would.
My cameras are also no longer recording (though this may be a batery issue).

I tried playing around with the settings but no good. The Cameras seem to not be working for some reason. Stood infront of it, waved and everything like that.  I'm going to go out and buy some batteries tomorrow in case its that (they are due for a change) but my previous recordings should still be on the system/cloud, i don't know where they went.

Looking foward to any help. I would like to get this sorted as soon as possible as my grandfathers house is occasionally vandilised and i wouldn't want to miss anything.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Delicious_Noob

2 REPLIES 2
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

The disappearing videos are a known issue and Netgear is aware of it. We just don't know when they will implement a fix.

You can still get to the videos if you use the links in your notification emails. Some users have also reported that the videos will reappear in the library after a delay of several hours, but only when viewed in the browser, not in the iPhone of Android apps.

As for why your cameras are not recording any more, that could be a number of reasons. First, you should make sure a mode is active in which they are set to react to motion. You can verify this in the camera overview looking at the "moving man" icon. If that icon is a dark black, motion detection is turned on for the respective camera. If it is grey, motion detection is turned off.

Next, check your rules and confirm that the Motion Sensitivity for your cameras is still at the expected level. Try increasing the sensitivity to the maximum value and see if the cameras react to motion.

And lastly, check the battery level. Each camera view also shows a battery gauge with one, two or three bars. Unless, only one bar is showing, you should not need to replace the batteries.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Delicious_Noob,

Was the library content you are referring to older than 7 days? If so, it would have been automatically deleted by the cloud. Content will only remain on the cloud for as long as your subscription allows, the Basic Plan being 7 days. Any content you wish to keep for future use we advise you download and store locally.

JamesC