Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kg42
Initiate
Initiate

I am missing recordings. I have a recording from when I pulled into my driveway at 8:49am. But the next available video in the library is at 2:33pm. When I opened the app, I saw a thumbnail for that camera of a random vehicle in my yard/driveway, then when I tried to pull up the video from the library, nothing was there. Help please! Call customer service and got no help.

10 REPLIES 10
kalyco01
Initiate
Initiate

I've noticed that my Arlo hasn't been displaying a lot of footage from my Back camera, and I've done restarts and reconnected devices and no matter what it still isn't working. I've gotten to the point where it's like why did I spend so much money to purchase these cameras and they aren't even doing their purpose.

kalyco01
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issues with one of my cameras. I know for a fact that people are coming and going but no reason why the camera is picking up the movement and recording.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey kg42 and kalyco01,

Did you ever received a notification that your camera detected motion? If not, confirm that your cameras are in Armed mode. You can try use the motion sensitivity test to make sure your camera is detecting motion. You can read here to learn more: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

And you might want to try readjusting the motion sensitivity, which you can learn here on how to set that up: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

kg42
Initiate
Initiate
My cameras are armed. The camera recorded me driving in the drive but not the offending vehicle . Unfortunately I can’t trust Arlo with my family’s security.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried readjusting the the motion sensitivity as mentioned above?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you use and then checked the usb backup ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bigdumptruck
Guide
Guide
I am having the same problem. I see a thumbnail when I open the app and no files. This morning (July 5) there were zero files between midnight and 8am. The last recording was at 11pm the day before. I have a screen shot of activity that should have CLEARLY been recorded. I've been having a ton of trouble with videos not showing in the app right away after I'm notified. I have to restart the app all the time as it isn't auto-refreshing.

Cameras are set to record up to 300 seconds. This is a pro2 camera on an Ultra hub.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bigdumptruck,

Do you use local storage as TomMac mentioned above? Do you not see these videos through the web client on your computer?

Bigdumptruck
Guide
Guide
I did see them on the local drive after I got home and could check it. It doesn't do much good if you're away from home and can't see anything.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Bigdumptruck  Can you now see them on the cloud also now since last month via app or web? 

my.arlo.com