Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Trapperhayes
Tutor
Tutor

To those that are having problems with Arlo not being able to talk through their microphone I found a solution: go into your phone settings and look for Arlo microphone and give permission for the mic to work. Nowhere in the instruction manual donthey mention this. Arlo dropped the ball on their install directions. Hope this works for you!

9 REPLIES 9
Dianclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you so much for your input. Unfortunately, there is a lot of information not readily available. Good product but getting information is not. 

Judyb0727
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried that and it still won't work. The audio is fine for listening but I can't speak through the microphone. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Judyb0727,

What device are you using? Is this happening on the web client on your computer and app on your phone?

Judyb0727
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, I am using an iphone 7, version 12.2. I got this system last summer and the camera's work great and I can hear thru them but have never had the 2 way audio work. I have re-paired and and reset everything many times and still cannot get the microphone function to work. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Judy

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try checking on the web client on your computer to see if the push-to-talk feature works as well.

Do you receive any error message when trying to use the push-to-talk feature on your iPhone 7? Try to disable permission to microphone and re-enable again through your iPhone settings by going to Settings > Arlo > Toggle off microphone and toggle back on.

SteveRussian
Initiate
Initiate
My microphone on any of my 4 cameras not working correctly and all that comes out of camera is a quiet muffled noise. Can you help. Thx Steve
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely your phone. Try a computer browser - it should work fine.

SteveRussian
Initiate
Initiate
I don’t use a computer and there’s no point of an app if I can’t speak. Surely this problem should have been sorted by arlo by now?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @SteveRussian,

What phone device are you using? And have you tried reinstalling the app to see if that helps?