Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cantab
Star
Star

In this Engadget product announcement of Arlo Q, Damir Skripic, director of product management for smart home, said "I think cloud storage and infrastructure, the availability of content, as well as video analytics ... will become a real differentiating point for a lot of these devices,...A lot of stuff from a hardware perspective will be like thin clients... It'll be all very similar, the differentiator is how they interact within the home."

I am all for better integration of devies and addition of useful features. But I would be very disappointed if R&D into hardware were to diminish significantly. I believe hardware differentiation is still important; Arlo Q's low-light capabilities and high-quality lens were the primary reasons why I chose it over other security cameras. 

Thus my message to Netgear: I would like to continue seeing improvements in video quality (particularly in capturing moving subjects in twilight) in Arlo security cameras. The Arlo Q, while ostensibly being one of the best on the market insofar as video quality is concerned, still leaves much to be desired. 

2 REPLIES 2
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Cantab,

Your input and feedback is very much appreciated, and we thank you for sharing it with us and the community. The community feedback board is meant for feedback and ideas regarding the community itself, and not our products. However, there is an idea exchange board specifically for product and feature requests, ideas, and feedback.  I will move your idea there so that it has a chance to get kudos. The more kudos an idea gets, the better, as that tells developers it is something that is very important to our users. I will also forward your feedback on to Damir.

Cantab
Star
Star

Thank you DawnM for posting! I appreciate the fact that you're forwarding my feedback to Damir.

May I know what Damir replied please?