Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Me too: Arlo Camera & LED Light Randomly Turns On & Off

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
acc10xt
Tutor
Tutor

Following up on this closed thread from about a year ago as at least one of my four Arlo Qs has been having the same issue mentioned by the posters in that thread. 

Anyone else (still) experiencing this?

Arlo Q, free plan. Nothing gets recorded and happening even after password has been changed.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More detail would help but I would guess that this happens in low light. The Q cameras are always streaming (even with the free plan) and use the IR LEDs to see better in low light. Motion isn't required to have this occur. 

acc10xt
Tutor
Tutor

Included in my OP @jguerdat is an entire thread of details from others describing the same issue I'm having with one of my Qs. The camera is disarmed, so the low light LEDs should not be turning on. It implies the cameras are being interacted with, even though I'm the only one with access, am not interacting with the app at the time, and have recently changed my password. LEDs turn on for approx 10sec then turns off, repeating every few minutes.

This is not normal behavior for a disarmed camera. I'd reply back on the post I linked but that thread has been closed. Would be curious to know from any of those who posted on that thread with the same issue are still experiencing it or if it was somehow resolved.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @acc10xt

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support