Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Major problems with Chrome and MS Edge browsers on Windows 10 desktop

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
j_j_j_j
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting recently, we have the following problems whether using Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser on a Windows 10 PC to access my.arlo.com, i.e. the cameras. We're using the VMB3010r2 base station circa 2016:

1) my.arlo.com will not cache username/password on either browser.

2) my.arlo.com will not show the camera video on either browser because "flash must be updated", and updating flash never works.

This used to work, for the past ~four years, except the flash problem has been around a while. Now these problems are really turning this system into torture. I've already deleted all the cookies on Chromes, and tried a new browser (Edge) but all these problems remain.

Also, if I *do* manage to allow Chrome to allow flash to run, the Arlo webpage simply .... logs me out 😞

thanks,

js.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I use Fire fox on win10 about 90 percent of time without issue..otherwise apps

the flash issue on FF is a lego type icon to left of address bar...just click and allow flash to run

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
j_j_j_j
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I may try Firefox as you suggest - but wow even Firefox is not 100% trouble-free 😞

Is there an Arlo Windows 10 app I should use instead of a browser? If so, where can I download it? (My elderly father uses this system so we don't use smartphone apps with it...)

And is it at all possible to use this system without logging in via the internet? We use it only locally in the house, and have no need for it to be available over the internet, especially with the recent news stories about such things. Last time I asked this question, years ago, I learned that Arlo, "did not design the system to be used this way", but I sure wish they'd give customers that option

thanks,

js.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Apps are only for the android and Apple phones...browser only for the web access.

As to access, no other way except above as if you are local only, then you can’t give commands to the system 

Morse is faster than texting!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomMac wrote:

I use Fire fox on win10 about 90 percent of time without issue..otherwise apps

the flash issue on FF is a lego type icon to left of address bar...just click and allow flash to run

I actually find Chrome to be a bit simpler.  Plus it doesn't actually use the adobe plugin, as flash is built-in.

Just click on the padlock next to the address bar when you access the site (prior to login is best).  Then click allow, and then reload.  Log in then, and flash is enabled.  It remains enabled for my.arlo.com until you restart the browser.

Of course, not needing flash would be simpler still.