Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dogperson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one camera that motion detection is not enabled on that I just got a low battery warning for after just replacing the battery about one month prior.  And I have rarely even checked it (viewed).  What's happening?  I also replaced the batteries, at the same time, on 3 other cameras that I do have motion detection enabled on, and which take numerous clips daily of 10 sec. each, and they all show a full battery charge.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

<<I just got a low battery warning for after just replacing the battery about one month prior.  And I have rarely even checked it (viewed).  What's happening?>>

First thing I would check is to make sure the camera has the latest sw version... (the prior version had some battery levels problems)

Current version for the cam is  1.2.2412

Goto SETTINGS, CAMERA SETTINGS, pick camera, scroll down to bottom of page on right side for version. (pc browser version)

If the sw is current, try swapping the troubled camera with one you think is working to see if the problem follows the camera ( to verify a camera problem).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
dogperson
Aspirant
Aspirant

The version is up-to-date.  I'll have to wait to see if the problem continues. I replaced the batteries prior to asking the question, and, as of now, the camera is displaying a full charge.  Thanks for the reply.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also a good tip is to add the battery change date to the end of the camera name. it's how I remember when I changed them out

Morse is faster than texting!
carly
Star
Star

dogperson wrote:

I have one camera that motion detection is not enabled on that I just got a low battery warning for after just replacing the battery about one month prior.  And I have rarely even checked it (viewed).  What's happening?  I also replaced the batteries, at the same time, on 3 other cameras that I do have motion detection enabled on, and which take numerous clips daily of 10 sec. each, and they all show a full battery charge.

I have the exact issue with my indoor camera. The outdoor camera has recorded numerous clips and the inside no clips. They both had the same amount of time when looking at live(about a minute a day). The day before, the inside camera showed full charge, but the next day completely dead. Tried resetting camera but still showed dead battery. Switched dead batteries to other camera to verify battery or camera and battery was dead in that camera as well. Both cameras have been in use for exactly two months. Outside camera still shows full charge and firmware is up to date.