Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cadawson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm new to using the Arlo wire-free cameras. I bought them from a friend for my small retail store to increase security. I am using rechargeable batteries by rapthor. My base station has been showing up in "offline" status. I followed restarting steps and I can see by looking at the lights on the station that it is connected to the internet, but continues to give an offline status in the app and online in my account. I realized after this that it is probably because the camera batteries have gone flat again and need to be recharged. I never got any notification that the batteries were low or had completely died. I haven't found an option for receiving notifications regarding the battery levels in the settings so I will know when to recharge them ahead of them going dead. This is the second time that my base station has gone "offline" for the battery issue. I realize that with a retail store there is a lot more motion activating the cameras so they will not last as long but it would be great if I could get a notification when they are down to 10% at least. Any advice y'all can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should be receiving emails (assuming you've verified your email address when setting up the system) when the batteries get to ~15%. You won't get any other notification. When checking cameras, it's a worthwhile proactive step to quickly use the battery "gauges" for each camera in the Devices tab. If they're red, they have no more than 25% life.

cadawson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for verifying that I should be getting a low battery notification. I never received one. Is there a way for me to check my notification settings? I could not find where to check this in my online account.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no setting for this - it's automated from the servers.

glo12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not getting any email on my system after all the batteries are dead.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@glo12345

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support