Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Lost two out of three cameras and cannot get them back online after cable co unplugged wifi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Alisar
Guide
Guide
I have 3 arlo cameras and all were fine for awhile...however, two are no longer working. One went offline about 2 weeks ago and I cannot get it to work. It does make some louder clicking sounds when it's powered up but it will not go back online. In addition, today someone from the cable company accidentally unplugged our cable disconnecting our wifi. When he plugged it back in one camera says batteries dead even though they weren't. I can see the blue lights flash but it won't sync. I disconnected it hoping to just reset the entire setup but now I can't even get it to sync to see it (camera flashes to amber noting not syncing).
has anyone else had this problem?
Also i reset the system today to see if that would resolve the issue but now how do I change the user id and password so no one can remotely access my cameras without my permission?
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alisar,

It sounds like the batteries in the affected cameras are depleted. Consider installing a fresh set of batteries and try again.

To change your user id/password, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Profile.

For detailed instructions, see here: How can I change my Arlo user ID?

JamesC

Alisar
Guide
Guide
I have had these a year so definitely already tried brand new batteries and the two still do not work. I also tried those same batteries in the one camera that does work and they worked on that so I know it is not a battery issue.
One flashes blue then goes to amber when trying to sync. I tried about 30 times to no avail. When I disconnected it to reconnect I cannot get it to work at all and even after rebooting the entire system it is still not picking it up.
The second camera is completely unresponsive now. Even with new batteries it does nothing besides flash one blue light then go out.
This is definitely not a battery issue. Please let me know what else can be done as I do not want cameras that don't work and have only had these about a year so would expect a product that doesn't stop working after a year.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alisar,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC