Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikegeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help!!! I've lost all control of my Arlo system when using the app on my phone and from the desktop website. I can't pull up the cameras... I can't arm or disarm the system... I can't restart the base station... I've lost all control! I know my wifi is up and running because my home AC is controlled by a wifi thermostat and it is working fine. What can I do without actually being at my home to push buttons or unplug things? Thanks... Mike

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

that's why I have an IP power switch between my base station and power bar so if I lose control of my base station, I can still remotely reboot the base station.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikegeri,

What is preventing you from accessing? Are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

mikegeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

There wasn't a single function that would work from the app. Even the reset for the base station wouldn't take. I was able to get my neighbor to go into my house and unplug the base station and then plug it back in. Now it's working again. But, if it happened once... it could happen again. What else can be done other than using a power supply switch that's operated by wifi to reboot the base station?

Mike