Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BBB-FAB
Guide
Guide

I have the older Arlo system with 9 cameras on it.      I have been using this system successfully for several years.

Out of nowhere this morning,  I logged on and apparently my subscription lapsed,  and they deleted all recordings I had on the system.   The ones I had done yesterday  (3-11-2019) are of a construction project we are doing and very important.   But now everything is gone, without warning.

I did the support-chat thing, and whoever it was on the other end told me that if I renew my subscription,  *maybe* the videos will be there, maybe not,  only a "30% chance."

After being a paying member all this time,  buying 9 cameras and they blow away my data without warning has me pretty peeved to say the least.    I recieved zero warning on this or I would have renewed.   The chat-support said I shouldved recieved an email warning,  but I didnt get a thing.

Has anyone had any luck or have any first hand knowledge on whether I can recover yesterdays recordings?   

At this point Im contemplating justgiving this whole system away and go buy their competitors product just because I cant beleive they treat a paying customer this way.   

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As they said... in the past some of the users have gotten back previous expired recordings by upgrading their accounts from 7 day to 30... as to if it still works , not 100% sure. 

Let us know.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
BBB-FAB
Guide
Guide

Against my better judgement I renewed and sure enough,  all my recordings are gone.      Complete extortion.  At least with ransomware you can indeed pay and get your data back.   Arlo baits you in with their "30% chance" to get your money for another year then screws you over anyway.    Actually worse than ransomware.

Thats fine,  Im forced to use these things another year, but this time next year Im gonna throw the entire system in the dumpster and while I realize they dont care what my opinion is,  I will tell every person I talk to NOT purchase this system.

Burn me once, shame on you,  but you wont burn me again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can cancel you know... they refund the unused time

Morse is faster than texting!
EbonySlim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello From Florida Girl,

Yeper as soon as I upgragded I lost what little videos I had left, After they all misteriously disappered a few days ago. Only to call customer service and get no help and the complete run around. This the worse security system ever! Good thing I wasnt broken into I would not have any proof.