Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Loosing connection to base

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thewhovian
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 1 wire free camera. Before I was forced to change the apps the system worked great. By Base was around 60 feet away from the camera with no problems. Now my camera will not stay connected to the base. I have moved the base to about 5 feet away from the camera and it will not keep the connection to the base. I have factory reset and installed. New batteries and moved the base multiple times. When it does have a connection it takes up to 60 seconds to establish a live feed to watch. By that time whoever it is is gone. Mu next move to to switch to a nest camera if this does not get resolved this week. Any help and suggestions would be welcomed.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing? If there are 3 green ones, nothing is disconnected. It seems to be a display issue. What happens if you log out and back in or force close the app and open it again? Have you tried a browser for verification? Ar e you getting recordings?

Thewhovian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The base always shows the 3 green lights on the unit.  I also have the door bell button connected.  The door button never looses the connection to the unit.  The camera stops recording when it is not connected.  I have 3 phones, and a tablet using the app and browser.  In order to get the camera to work I have to climb the ladder and remove the 4 batteries, then reinsert them.  It will work for anywhere between 5 min to an hour before not connecting again. the camera info shows firmware 1.3.319 and a hardware number of H16.  The base unit is hardware VMB3500r4 and firmware 1.12.2.5_2_406d8b3.  The Door button is hardware 1.2, Firmware 1.2.0.0_309_283.  My app on the phone is 2.12.2_27010.  The base before the netgear/Arlo split was about 65 feet from the camera and worked great.  After the split I have moved the base all over the place.   The base is now 8 feet from the camera with 1 6" outside wall between.  I have replaced batteries that are 20.00 a set multiple times with the same results.  On a side note I have 1 5 year old d-link indoor camera and 2 new cheap merkry indoor cameras that work flawlessly.  I im currently timing how long the system stays connected this time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support