Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Looking to buy Arlo VMS3230 system. Want to record footage using night vision. Is this possible?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alinagron
Follower
Follower

Hello! I'm looking into buying an Arlo VMS3230 system (2 cameras + base station) to use in a film shoot. We want to record footage using the night vision function. Is this possible? How would the material be saved? Do I need to have a paid subscription plan or can I use the free one? To be clear: we will use the cameras for 1-2 days recording footage, and that's the only reason we're going to buy the cameras. We know that this is not really the proper usage for the system, so that's why I'm wondering if it's even possible. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@alinagron,

A lot depends on how close the subject is to the camera. You can record manually while in the Live View mode but the recording will stop after 30 minutes and the recording will need to be restarted. You can use the Basic Plan or as it is now called, "No Subscription," and the videos willl be recorded to Arlo's Cloud services and can be downloaded.

Depending on what you are trying to record it might or might not work satisfactorily for you.

Brian