Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wds001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having login issues with the Arlo app on Android 9. When I (re-install) the app it works as expected. When opening the app later, I get login screen and after login in (with fingerprint or user/password), I get "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable". I tried 'frorce stop', 'clear cache', 'clear data' but none of this solves the problem. Only reinstallation of the app gets it working for 1 login session.  

Phone: OnePlus6, Android 9

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't have issues with os 9 ( s7)... wonder if it is phone specific??

The main issue I see is DURING the switch over from LTE to Wifi when near home... if the app is loading when the swap-over happens I get the same response and need to close and reopen

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
wds001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Might be a phone type or android version issue. The Arlo app used to work on a previous phone Oneplus 5 wih Android 8. Issue started with the upgrade to Android 9. Same issue on Oneplus 6 that came Android 9.

So OnePlus and their OxygenOS (which is close to vanilla android with latest security patches) and Arlo don't seem to mix.

Any other Oneplus owners seeing the same? It's a brand grawing in popularity, especially in Europe (flagship specs at lower cost).