Local Storage

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just updated my router with a new Wi-Fi SSID and passw.  Reconnected my devices in my home with the new settings. 

Made a reset on the camera system and added the cameras. Formatted the SDcard 32Gb.

Now the issue: “direct storage access” button does not allow me to turn it on. So no local storage and no remote access as l had working flawlessly before.

router set to 2,4 GHz only.

base station VMB 5000

network cable connected.

Mobile on same Wi-Fi.

tried a few different sd cards

Ultra SmartHub VMB5000 

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera 

Arlo Pro 2 

Any ideas?

best regards 

henry 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well problem solved last Monday 

It only took 4+ months.

After reboot and firmware install late June I lost my local storage. 

Was in contact with Arlo and Verisure directly.

Arlo helpdesk very friendly vs Verisure had no idea what I was talking about.

Arlo has worked hard on my problem and the last suggestion was last week:

“call Verisure and unlink your Arlo system from them.”

My system “and my friend with same problem.” Has NEVER linked with Verisure.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you didn't need to reset the system. The hub plugs into the router via Ethernet so a new router has no effect on access unless a security setting in the router causes an issue. The cameras that connect to the hub also use the hub's WiFi so no changes were needed there. Only cameras connected to your WiFi would need to have the WiFi connection redone although using the old SSID and password on the new router would have eliminated that need.

However, there is at least one other person here with seemingly the same issue about local recordings being inaccessible. I wonder if it's because you're using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos. I'm on the new UI and my local recording settings are fine. That may have nothing to do with anything so I wouldn't do anything at this point. If you have a subscription for the Essential camera(s) use Settings, Support to select that model and get access to official support to see what they may be able to tell you.

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Which UI are you referring to?

I’m on iOS and using app version 4,5  

regards 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I noted above, the old UI uses Library to view videos. The new one uses Feed for this. I'm just wondering if the old UI is having a problem since I'm not having the issue using the new one.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

As I noted above, the old UI uses Library to view videos. The new one uses Feed for this. I'm just wondering if the old UI is having a problem since I'm not having the issue using the new one.

@HMW-transport:  The 4.5 app supports both UIs.  Definitely confusing, but it is important that we know whether you are seeing "Library" at the bottom of your app scren, or whether you are seeing "Dashboard" and "Feed". 

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification and quick responses....

Sorry to say but I have not seen the other UI you are referring to, nor been able to choose a different.

thanks, 

IMG_7783.jpg

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tell me, did you manage to solve the problem?

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat 

The screenshot didn’t seem to work,

I have LIBRARY 

Jvaqserr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem since few days.

Same Hub.

System worked perfectly until last updates. No video in the library, even if they are in the USB (verified in the PC), and it is not possible to switch on the Storage Direct Access button in the App (iOS).

Reset the Hub, remove the App, reinstall from 0 everything and Storage Access button remain off. When I activate it, automatically it changes to off position.

I think it is a problem of firmware/app.

I am not confident that they will solve it in a short timeframe. as the latest version of the App was released yesterday (5th of July).

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Jvaqserr 

I agree with your conclusion, 

As I didn’t have the patience and my vmb5000 was still under warranty, i sent it away for repairs. 😂

I’ll be back with more info.

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

just received brand new base station 

VMB 5000r6

still not able to re activate local storage since may/June update.

Completely useless system with out this feature. 

submitted a ticket , no answer yet…

been in contact with Verisure and sure, they can help if I have an subscription, go figure.

At least 1 more friend now with same issue.

Ultra SmartHub VMB5000 

Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera 

@jguerdat 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't be sure of any fixes because 1) I use the UI that uses Feed for videos (while you have Library) so I can't check to see what may be up with the old UI and 2) your need to go through Verisure is unlike my situation. 

It would seem that it's either an issue with the old UI or hub firmware. Have you compared your firmware with what's listed in https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/m-p/1920885#M791 ? If the firmware is older, that would seem to be the problem and Verisure is going to have to approve the newer releases. I would temporarily subscribe to a single camera monthly plan so you can actually talk to them cheaply and then cancel it when done.

You might also want to consider migrating your account to the new UI with the understanding that you can't go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer. I can't tell you that this would fix anything but it's a difference that may need to be explored.

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again for swift answer,

-Again about the UI Please share a link to the "feed" UI,  you are referring to, the "Arlo Secure" app is the only one available on App Store,  iPhone user...

-sorry for being unclear, I don't have a need for Verisure, the reason I contacted them is that they acquired Arlo Technologies Europe branch in January 2020, and they have both FAQ and support "Arlo" on their website.  After my question to them, that also took a while to explain because they always try too hook you upp with add-ons and subscriptions, "I am an Verisure alarm customer"  they said "We can't help you".

Having that said,  and I hate the idea, because it sounds like conspiracy on my behalf: They sell cameras and they sell plans and subscriptions, for them, it isn't far to think that they disable this feature to see the reactions of the community to ultimately disable it permanently!?

-yes that's a workaround to make a subscription to see if it would be any difference.

-The firmware attached is the same as I have in my Hub. ie the latest.

Arlo SmartHubVMB50001.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3June 27, 2023

@StephenB 

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just been in contact with extremely friendly Arlo Europe service representative!

went through the standards checks:

restart

reset

formatting

Sd card swap

He the elevated the problem to next level and I submitted screen dump video and logs from the app itself.

@jguerdat  Far from all has access to new Ui according to him, reason is the don’t want to get hammered with questions,  I believe if you have Pro5 you get the possibility for new Ui 👍🏻

I’ll be back

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@HMW-transport wrote:

@jguerdat  Far from all has access to new Ui according to him, reason is the don’t want to get hammered with questions,  I believe if you have Pro5 you get the possibility for new Ui 👍🏻

Installing either the Pro 5 or security system forces the migration to the new UI.

HMW-transport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well problem solved last Monday 

It only took 4+ months.

After reboot and firmware install late June I lost my local storage. 

Was in contact with Arlo and Verisure directly.

Arlo helpdesk very friendly vs Verisure had no idea what I was talking about.

Arlo has worked hard on my problem and the last suggestion was last week:

“call Verisure and unlink your Arlo system from them.”

My system “and my friend with same problem.” Has NEVER linked with Verisure.