Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live streaming fails in Firefox

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JRTinz
Initiate
Initiate

Yea... followed the Chrome thread on the subject, so thought to toss in the same issue with Firefox.

Devices --> Live.  Browser "thinks" about it for 10 - 20 seconds, then back to the Devices view with that big obnoxious ">" play arrow in the view (sure could live without that).

I've been through all the Mozilla and Adobe updates and surfed the boards.   Lost interest.  I'll just use Chrome or whatever.

So if you have run into this and figured it out, great.  Let's hear it.  Otherwise count this as another vote for the developers to puh-leeeze quit annoying us all with Flash player.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this with FF v55.0.1 (64-bit) and Flash v26.0.0.151.  My first attempt to live view stalled (perhaps I didn't wait until the interface finished loading).  A refresh of the page worked fine, with a ~5 second delay to start the live view.

swirkus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to reinstall Firefox and then lost the abillity to live stream. Had to turn Flash back on in the FF add-ons menu and live-streaming is working again.

• Choose Firefox > Tools > Add-ons. Open the Add-ons dialog box.
  • Select Plugins.
  • In the list of Add-ons, look for Shockwave Flash (another name for Flash Player) and check the status that appears to the right of the plug-in name. Shockwave Flash is disabled.
  • Select Always Activate. ...
  • Close the dialog box.