Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live feed not available on iPad

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

All cameras are not showing live feed. I uninstalled app and when I went to reinstall it said the app was no longer available for my iPad. I was prompted to install a earlier version but it still does not work. This is much like a problem I had back in 3/2018 when arlo released a update that prevented many customers from using their cameras for a couple of weeks until they could correct the faulty update. Anyone else having this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What version of IOS is running on your Ipad?

AFAIK latest versions of the app need IOS 10 or better.

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's a 4th Gen iPad running version 10.3.3. FYI 10.3.3 is the last version/update this iPad will get according to Apple. SO...... neither the iPad or THE arlo app has updated in a long while. It worked fine two days ago and hasnt worked since. My iPhone 6s version 12.2 works fine.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @parsrgood,

The minimum requirement to run the Arlo app on iOS devices is iOS 11 and higher. You can read more about it here: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you JessicaP.  I still don't know why it worked up until 2 days ago. Also I think it is defininetly something arlo should be concience of. I don't believe a established company can sell a product that they know will become useless in the near future. They have the technology to provide apps for all recent devices. Sorry for the rant, but this is not good advertisement for Net Gear /Arlo. Pretty sad that companies sell a products that excell in longevity, yet they render them useless by simply not adapting their firmware/updates. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Still running an older Arlo app on my Ipad g2 with OS 9.35

See if you can located an older version on the web and reinstall.... at least for a temp usability

( do you backup yr ipad ? )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the infoTom Mac. My iPad does back up but I have no way of retreiving and installing a previous version. The last arlo update was to 2.7.6 on 3/29/19. I'm waiting for a response from Jessica the Moderator. If I don't hear from her I will file a compaint with The BBB. As I said earlier in this thread, it's bad bussiness for a company to render their product useless by erasing it's compatibility with a product that it was compatible with at the time of purchase. I know they have the technology to fix this and it's a shame they release updates without checking all the boxes. I went through this a year ago after one of their faulty updates that effected many arlo consumers. I filed with The Better Bussiness Bureau back then which resulted with many emails between myself, netgear and the BBB. They finaly admitted to their error and fixed their faulty update. Your turn Jessica.

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

It’s amazing that Netgears Arlo is still in production. I have never had this many problems with any product iv’e purchased in my lifetime. Since owning the Arlo security cameras they have become no more than decoys on several occasions. Each time the cameras were rendered useless for no less than 2 weeks. I’m really upset that I listened to the moderator in this thread when she said it was my device that was the problem. She informed me that Arlo no longer supported it even though the App had not updated prior to the cameras live feed problem. I then went and bought a new iPad and low and behold it doesn’t work either. Come to find out many many others are having this problem since Arlo forced their latest update on their app. So , I purchased a new iPad I didn’t need. Arlo needs to get real and at least tell it’s customers that they indeed screwed up and they are working on the problem. I’m seriously thinking about trying to recoup the $500 I spent on a new iPad that I didn’t need. If you are interested in reading the thread about the failed upgrade look up Firmware upgrade again to 1.12.2.1_2798, causing the image or video downgrade, lower the resolution in the Arlo community forums.