Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Lights are solid orange color and will not change to green color.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
henrydfs
Follower
Follower

The lights are orange and will not turn to green on the Arlo security camera base station.  What do I need to do.

I receive a picture on my I phone 6.

Thank you.

Henry

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

which lights, there are 3..

are any flashing?

If you mean all, I'd power down the base station ( power button ) , check your cable to the router/switch, then power back on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Good Day henrydfs, 

I will be happy to help you solve this issue. There is a possibility that the cameras may be too far from the base station or they are not synced properly. Please read this KB about syncing the cameras: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-and-sync-my-Arlo-cameras/ta-p/9...

I'll wait for your update! 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
JGard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Basically the same problem. None of base leds turn green and do not flash. System functions well, cameras work, motion sensing is ok. No real problems in operation of system. So should I worry about the lack of green leds on base?

doraemon
Prodigy
Prodigy

@JGard

do you get at least leds to light up at all? that may be a problem for you in the long run if you don't get the correct lights indicator on your base station. you might need these lights for future troubleshooting. check this link.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄
JGard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station leds for power, internet and camera are solid amber. From the chart in your provided link I note that it does not show a solid amber internet led.  I assume that the lack of green for the internet indicates that I do not actually have an internet connection which would mean no cloud storage or firmware updates. Thanks for your response.