Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library won't update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thejuicer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo cameras at the house and none of them has recorded anything for 2 days. We have been in and out multiple time over the past couple of days. When i go into the app to check my library it won't update. I can't get it to manually update either, the circle keeps on spinning and spinning. I've tried deleting the cookies in the app and uninstalling/reinstalling. The cameras and base are all on-line and live video works, its just like the library won't update and is stuck on the 20th. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you been receiving push or email notifications for motion detected?

If not check if the armed mode has set, try toggling it to see if it begins working again. You can also test the motion sensor by using the motion detection utility in the camera settings page.

If you have been receiving notifications check your account subscription has not expired. This might explain why the library is not updating although you should have got a error message.

thejuicer
Aspirant
Aspirant

This exact same thing is happening again today. My library is stuck on the 16th even though we have come and gone from the house multiple times.

I don't have my notifications turned on. I'm pretty sure the cameras are working, its like the library just won't update. I can pull the screen down with my finger to manually update the library and the wheel on the screen just spins and spins.

thejuicer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried unarming and rearming the base station, clearing the cache in the app, logging out and back into the app and in-installing/re-installing the app.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Sounds like the base station account settings have been corrupted.

You should try a reinstall of the camera and base.

First get into the my devices page of the app settings and remove each camera, then remove the base station.

Use the paper clip to press the factory reset button on the base station until the LEDs begin flashing.

Pull the camera batteries for more than 10sec to reset them.

Then import the base back into the account then cameras.

Customise modes and rules again.