Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential spotlight camera not recoding

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JonathanArms
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had free cloud support for 4 Arlo cameras for the last ten years. Recently I bought 2 new spotlight cameras VMC2030AerH6 and I can't get them to record. What's up with this? I assumed they would be included in my free home subscription. If I can't get them to auto detect movement and record to the cloud of front porch and the game trail they are of no use to me. I wish I had known this before I bought them. I have been recommending ARLO cameras based on this free home service. I will no longer do this, unless there is a switch I am missing here to turn this feature on?  jon@armscomm.com

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the older legacy cameras like the Pro/Pro2/Arlo hd etc allow free recording for 7 days.

Newer cameras require a service plan after trial period.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JonathanArms
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for your time !!!

Is there a way to auto record locally? My hub has no USB ports? or can I upgrade the hub? I have 2 VMC2030 cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @JonathanArms

If you would like to record locally it will require a base station or Smart Hub. I have provided an article with more in depth info here: https://kb.arlo.com/1146857/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-using-my-Arlo-Base-Station-or-Smar...