Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Library is completely blank all day today 20190211 - including the previous days videos are now missing. I'm receiving emails there is activity yet there is nothing in the library.  What Gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

If your using the mobile app, especially Android, try logging out and back in again. Had same issue and that worked for me. Its a known issue...

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

If your using the mobile app, especially Android, try logging out and back in again. Had same issue and that worked for me. Its a known issue...

Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

No/Yes Fixed OK.

Using laptop Win 7 w/Firefox to view - it has been working for years til today.

So with your prodding I did look on my phone and surprise the videos were all there.

So decided to check FF again - still NG - logged in/out still NG -

Deleted Arlo cookies - Problem Solved.

Which means Arlo changed something again.

The other surprise to me was if I used the link in the email there was a current video. But then would have to go thru each separate email. Much easier to just view thru the Library.

TY

887Valentine
Initiate
Initiate

Any other ideas, these solutions have not helped.  Nothing in the library since Feb 9th.  I synched it and it can see it under devices, but nothing in the library.  Logged in and out of it and cleared the cookies from chrome.  What else?  I want to view the videos from the library via my tablet and not need to check each email notificaiton (I have that off anyway).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @887Valentine,

Is your tablet an Android device or iOS device? Have you also tried using incognito mode or a different browser?

Dn2015
Guide
Guide

@JessicaP I have iOS app v2.7.4 running on an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS v12.1.4 (16D57).  The library in my mobile app is not showing any videos that I can see and playback perfectly fine on the desktop client.  When I filter, I can at least get the thumbnails to load on the app, but no videos are playing.  Logging out and back in does not help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Dn2015

When you're saying that the videos are not playing, is it trying to load the video? Or do you receive an error message?

Dn2015
Guide
Guide
@JessicaP When I go to the library, no videos appear.

After further testing, I have concluded that the problem only happens for IFTTT recorded videos. I had a non-Arlo motion sensor triggered to record videos on my Arlo camera. It worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago. I was able to playback recorded videos triggerred from IFTTT previously.

Now the current version of the iPhone Arlo app is unable to playback recorded videos triggered by IFTTT service.

Playback of IFTTT recorded videos still works fine for Android devices and on the Arlo website.

There probably needs to be an update for either app or service to regain this functionality for iOS devices.
Renascence
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. My library was blank on my Android phone. I checked on my iPad. The library showed a count of 500+ but nothing loaded. I logged out and logged back in and now the count is gone as well. Looks like all my history is lost.
This issue leaves my camera useless. I can't see who all visited today, when I wanted to check something.
Renascence
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like this use existed since 2015 and no resolution. I am surprised.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working here and always has. I have 60 days that I can go back on my Elite plan. I can't say why a few folks are having this issue - this place would be lit up if it was. Open a case with support since a user forum can't do anything about it:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

IMO things like this happen after a software patch (update).

Would be nice if Arlo Support would publish what changes we can expect.

Even better IF they would send out an email notice when we could expect these patches and what changes to expect.

Some of us have come to depend on the cameras working.

Renascence
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the responses. Strange that no one from Arlo responded. It has stopped capturing any video recording for me. Arlo sucks. Can't recommend to anyone.
Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Now oddly enuff from 2100 on 01Apr2019 until 0900 02Apr2019 I had no videos at all. 

So NO Overnight surveilance - which is why people buy these things.

Very unusual for me.

Anyone else?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's also possile that no motion was available to create a recording. Assuming that's far-fetched, did you check the motion indicators for each camera in the Devices tab during that perid to see if they're black or gray? Gray means disarmed and you need to check your chosen mode or schedule.

Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

While I'm not sure what a motion tab is or if these cams have one - I can assure you that I have 10 cameras (on 2 diff base stations) all set the same way each nite that routinely catch motion from wind, cats, coons, possums, skunks, deer, etc. Only exception I have seen is when the weather is bad which it was NOT last nite. But I guess anything is possible?

The time frame (span) could have indicated a system wide problem IMO.

So I was interested to hear if "Anyone Else noticed this problem"?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gumby-Arlo wrote:

While I'm not sure what a motion tab is or if these cams have one

It's not a tab, it's the indicator icon on the Devices tab for each camera that's either 3 lines and a ball (app) or running man (web). It turns amber when motion is detected. By setting a mode to be active, it turns black but is gray when the mode is Disarmed or the schedule has no mode for that time period.

What mode is selected? Are you using the schedule? If using the schedule, have you tried recreating it, perhaps using a web browser?

Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Oh yes, you mean the icon which shows the camera is active?

To be clear:

5 cams are set to "Armed" at all times - 5 are on a "Schedule" at most times but defintely "Armed" after dark.

Boy do they eat batteries too.

Since no one else has shared this experience I guess it is just an anomaly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's a PITA, it might be worthwhile to cut bait and reset the system. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Start fresh. It may be that "simple."

Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

It was a 6 hour gap which is why I thought something else was going on.

IMO removing all devices and trying to get them all back in the same known order is a Royal PITA and will take more time than it is worth.

Things have worked like normal ever since.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, but just think of all the time and effort already expended.  One last attempt to clear out weirdnesses could be the most worthwhile effort.

Gumby-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Quote>"Yeah, but just think of all the time and effort already expended. One last attempt to clear out weirdnesses could be the most worthwhile effort."

Honestly now, I have spent far more time replying and explaining I was simply asking if anyone else had problems during that same time period.

I am certain I didn't spend more than 2 minutes looking online and at the Arlo app to determine there were no videos during that overnite period.

Did I mention if no one else had a problem then it was likely just an anomaly?

And that everything has worked as expected ever since?

IF it ain't broke how can you fix it?

Said another way - How much time do you spend fixing something that is not broke?

IMO more things get broke fixing what ain't broke.  >Gumby said it.<

Renascence
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still no response from Arlo. I tried to go to support, it as my model and then when I click support, I am redirected to same page. I spent so much on this and it is still clearing all my video recordings.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the 2nd page. On the 3rd page is the actual contact info:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx