Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

Apparently the latest Arlo app update wasn't thoroughly tested.  If you look at the attached screenshot, the most recent camera activity captures are dark and the status of the number of days since the most recent activity is incorrect.  Both of these cameras picked up activity only hours before I took the screenshot.  I also don't like the fact that I'm being strong-armed to update the app before I can log in.  I can see how this kind of stance can be detrimental in a burglary or other situation where someone's safety can be at stake because I have to update the app first.  It's absurd that I even have to point this out to you guys.  I'm using an iPhone 6 with the most recent IOS update.  Please fix these problems.

arlo.jpg

50 REPLIES 50
Shoshin
Guide
Guide

Apart from the assurance that the app update problems have been addressed & resolved, I have no way of knowing--& will not likely have a way of knowing, through at least the weekend.  

As previously--& agonizingly, recounted: I will need to set aside probably at least an hour...to do what I only vaguely understand it is I am now supposed to do.  And apart from this being a holiday weekend...the weekends in general are as busy, if not more so, than are my weekdays. Extracting an hour or so out of my ongoing & recurring weekend activities, responsibilities, & schedule...is no mean feat.

Hey Arlo: How about sending over a crew to help me pull out the ladder, climb up to the roof line, dismount the cameras (from two different places on the house), climb down, go inside & light incense, waive the Arlo cameras mysteriously in the vicinity of the Netgear white box, press the magic button, & chant the Heart Sutra...in hopes that the esoteric ritual yields the promised blessing?

In the meantime, for home protection & monitoring I'll have to rely on the sign I just posted in front of my drive-way:"Warning:This house is protected by the Second Amendment."

Merry Christmas/Happy holidays to everyone out there (perhaps I'll post again...when & if I am able to stage the "Save the Arlo security cameras" rescue).

Gassho, Shoshin

Bill502
Tutor
Tutor

Its all good ,back to normal.

afbutler1
Guide
Guide
Since Netgear has yet to issue an update beyond version 2.3.1, that cause camera doubling, how can the issue be fixed?
Francie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues darkened and out of date screen shots also double cameras. I have  uninstalled and restart the app. It will only briefly fix the double cameras not the darkened   Out of day screenshots 

DX4
Guide
Guide

I like others am still having problems with the system duplicating.  2 sets of cameras, 2 profiles.  I reset, updated, everything yet still have 2 sets of everything.  What is the fix

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

afbutler1, DX4

This issue is currently under investigation by the engineering team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

tma
Aspirant
Aspirant

yeah, when i purchased my arlo, all my cams had a nice clear picture, i don't like the new shade

Swpowell
Guide
Guide
I'm just about ready to throw all my Arlo stuff in the trash.
HoaHong
Guide
Guide
Hi! I've the issue again! Arlo developers, fix this issue!
Swpowell
Guide
Guide
Still having duplicate camera displays on iPhone app
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. Please do not attempt to remove the duplicate cameras as this does not resolve the issue. Some users have reported having success by uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and downloading a fresh version from the app store. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience,
JamesC

DX4
Guide
Guide
I have tried everything to include reboots, resets, delete app etc. the delete app works but only short lived and double cameras return. Can you just go back to previous version until you fix this version. This is very frustrating
Bullrog
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, this is the best solid advice for all that are having this duplicate camera problem---which sounds like a significant portion of your clientel.  I strongly suggest tha you "put this advice out there" in a broadcast to Arlo users.  Many of us have deleted the cameras and now have to climb ladders, if, we are at home.  Your advice needs to be heard by more without drilling down so much.

EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

@JamesC, does NETGEAR's software team have any clue about writing code that doesn't wreak havoc for their customers?  It appears they do not.  I too have double cameras, which just decided to show up all of a sudden, and also two devices with the same MAC address.  I deleted the one that was not communicating and that removed everything from the app and also the web portal.  NETGEAR needs to quit screwing around and produce something that's solid and reliable.  Dragging their feet whenever something blows up, like this update and supposed "correction" to the update, is unacceptable.  Nothing but total incompetence!  Also, MY POST SHOULD NOT BE MARKED AS SOLVED.  This is far from solved.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you updated to the latest app released yesterday?
EyeInTheSky
Star
Star

@jguerdat, Here's the sequence:  In December, I installed the faulty update that NETGEAR had just released.  This is the version that would not let you log in until you updated the app.  Then the greyed out camera statuses showed up with this new app.  Your customers complained.  NETGEAR then released the "fix" to correct that problem and, I suppose, other problems.  I installed that update.  Everything was fine until about two days ago, then the dual camera and base station problem showed up.  Today I deleted the base station that was showing in the app as not communicating, thinking the duplicate cameras would also disappear.  Instead, EVERYTHING disappeared.  I then deleted the app completely and re-downloaded the app to my iPhone 5s.  I'm guessing that this was the latest app that was released yesterday.  After installing this, it was the same problem with NOTHING left of my configuration.  When I got home this evening, I re-configured everything from scratch.  I thought that, by re-adding my base station to the app, everything else would come back including the cameras.  This was not the case.  I had to resync all the cameras again to get them to show up in the configuration.  I also had to create a new mode, rules, schedules, etc.  Interestingly enough, when I brought the cameras back into the configuration, they retained the names I gave them initially when I bought them.  I'm guessing that information must reside in the camera itself.

So, as of right now, everything is back to "normal".  If there are bugs in this release, I haven't discovered them yet.  I cannot stress enough at how upset I am that NETGEAR releases these shoddy updates.  You know how much money people invest in these cameras.  The software should be flawless, given the price tag of the hardware.  I'm sorry but anything less is unacceptable.  I hope some heads are rolling in the software development department.

Mickyd7
Initiate
Initiate
That's great,my cameras are at my house in Costa Rica. I've tried numerous times to call and email Arlo with no reponse. I am back now and googled this site, so now I guess I don't have security for three months until I return? Nothing can be done remotely? I should have gone with a cheaper wired system.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mickyd7,

Can you give us more detail on the issue you are experiencing?

JamesC

Mickyd7
Initiate
Initiate
I got a message that something was wrong with the WiFi connection. This is in Costa Rica. So I emailed my housekeeper and she had the company to come out and they said nothing was wrong. My housekeeper and guest all could get on the internet with no problem. I was at the house last week with no problem also but the cameras said Arlo device appears offline,check connection. I'm back in the States now, same message,no security on the property.
Shoshin
Guide
Guide

After the prior software-update debacle & weeks without Arlo working--& going through the ordeal of pulling out ladders to dismount the cameras to through the re-set process, I am newly advised to implement another (May 2017) Arlo software update.

Only difference this time is...that I am not being compelled by Netgear (read: blackmailed) into implementing to update (that is, I can continue to use my Arlo system/cameras...without implementing the update).

At least that much can I be grateful for...as other users confront once again many of the same problems (encountered during the implementation of the prior update).

So, no: I will not...once more unto the breach.

I have absolutley no interest in--& will not go through the ordeal & loss of time, required to get Arlo working after implementing this latest (May 2017) update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new Android app update available (2.4.0) for download through the Play Store. Please download the latest update and let me know if you still experience this issue.

JamesC

Charleszahalka
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased arlo, wish I would have read all the complaints earlier. Can't get mine to work at all after many hours. Will be returning it in the morning. Don't think you guys will be in the market too much longer.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charleszahalka,

When you say you can't get your cameras to work, what are you seeing? Were you able to complete the set up process? At what point are you experiencing an issue?

JamesC

Czahalka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am able to sync my cameras but they do not show up in the app.  I had the older version of arlo and they worked  fine until a couple of months ago then sudden flu they just stopped wworking.  I purchased a new base and one new arlo pro camera.  I'm able to  set up the base as well as sync the cameras but  cameras do not show up in the app.  I have done everything that has been suggested including taking out batteries, turning off base and router and restarting.  Nothing has worked.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Czahalka,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC