Lack of color picture on camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bdefee45
Follower
Follower

Just changes batteries and re-starts as black and white view. How do I get color back?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

B&W indicates a low light level.  Increase the lighting in the area will bring back color.  The camera automatically switched to B&W as conditions change.

nro
Initiate
Initiate

That sounds logical, but in my case the batteries are new and all the lights are on.  It has recorded some video in color and it is more than evident that there is enough light to capture even the smallest details, and yet after only a few moments (and not changing any lighting) it switches to night mode and stays there.  I have enough lights on to make a motion picutre in the area and it still clicks over to black and white.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the "bad" camera with another to see if the problem is location or camera...

If the problem moves with the camera, contact Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
nro
Initiate
Initiate

Unfortunately, I only have the one camera.at this point.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nro,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC