Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kindle Fire Arlo App Keeps Loading & Does Not Show Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ypsiexplorer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded and installed the Arlo app for my Kindle Fire HD8 (7th Generation) and I can't get it to work at all. It looks like it's loading and reloading over and over again. It never shows the cameras or anything. I am running Fire OS 5.6.2.0, which is the latest update as of August 22, 2018. Any help you can give would be awesome. I'm looking forward to getting the app to work!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have one of these to test but have you tried rebooting the tablet and reinstalling the app?

ypsiexplorer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried rebooting the tablet, but I haven't yet tried uninstalling and installing the app. I'll try that and report back!

jllihotz
Guide
Guide

This has been happening to me as well for several months.  Every couple of weeks, I have to uninstall and reinstall the app as it keeps getting corrupted. I have tried restarting the app - no good. I've also tried restarting the tablet - no good either.  The only thing that works is the uninstall/reinstall process.  That seems to work for a while anyway...

ypsiexplorer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed. For some reason, it goes into that blinking/refreshing loop every so often. If I am able to quickly click the log in button when it slows down, I'm able to re-log in and that seems to reset it and allow it to work for a while. Seems like a big bug!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the tablet officially supported so you can download the app from the Amazon store or are you sideloading it?

ypsiexplorer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know how to sideload apps. I just searched for it in the Amazon Fire app store and installed it from there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then yer good to go. Hopefully it's not an incompatibility with FireOS.