Just replaced defective base

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

After months of problems with this system the base unit finally died today.  Because I bought two 4 camera systems back in March I happen to have a spare base.  I hooked it up and all seems good for now.  What I am finding is wonderful streaming response time and good motion detection. Basically the same pleasures I experienced when the system was new.  I'm thinking about keeping the auto firmware update off for now as I remember my system seemed to get worse and worse with every firmware upgrade.  Now, in fairness the constant failures of this system may have very well been caused by a slowly dying base unit but I'm going to go with old software for a while and see how it goes.  I am running the latest camera firmware.

STAY TUNED!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Showguy,

In regard to the base station that no longer works, what behavior does it exhibit that indicates it is no longer working? (LED indicator, no longer power on etc.)

JamesC

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
James C. The base has shown signs of problems since day 1. Here are some of the issues.

1- Constantly rebooting itself.
2- upon reboot all saved information was lost. Base returned to factory settings.
3- over the last month it would often show " not connected to Internet " when it clearly was.
4- over the last month it would often freeze up ( unable to obtain camera status within app or browser)
5- the other day it froze and nothing I tried would bring it back.
6- often would take days ( many attempts) to load firmware updates.
I would appreciate an RGA replacement as soon as possible.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Showguy,

I will reach out to you in a private message with the details.

JamesC