Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just purchased Arlo wire free (Model VMC3030) and it will not sync to my Nighthawk R7000r0 firmware V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

I have never used WPS on this unit, so that is untested.

The Arlo web set-up app did pick up and register my R7000 though strangely it lists the firmware version of the R7000 as 1.7.0_4555

I have followed the instruction to depress the WPS button until it flashes and then depress the sync button on the arlo while blinking blue.  I then get an amber flash which indicated failure.  I have rebooted both the R700 and the arlo (open battery compartment).

Any suggestion on what to do next?

I also don't seem to have access/permission to see certain searches on the community forum.  My ID has a red circle with a diagonal slash through it. Do that indicate something else I need to do to register?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the advice.  I did read about the firmware issue.  I even downloaded the 1.0.6.40 beta.

That was not my problem.  I need WEP for an older home automation controller turned on.  Evidently if you have WEP enabled it disables WPS.  I discovered this while rebuilding my config.

I disabled WEP.  Successfully paired my wire free. And then turned WEP back on.  Everything works fine.

WPS is disabled if WEP is turned on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The firmware on your R7000 is suspect to start with. It's been pulled from the support site due to bugs.

That said, it may work for you if you perform a factory reset. That causes all settings to be lost so you have to start over but it's the best you can do at this point. New firmware is said to be getting ready but it's not available yet. Check the R7000 support site to keep an eye out for anything newer than 1.4x.

The actual process of syncing is painless when it works right. Exactly what is causing your issue may never be known. The firmware of 1.7x you note is the Arlo specific firmware inside the router so you'll see two different versions depending on where you look.

brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the advice.  I did read about the firmware issue.  I even downloaded the 1.0.6.40 beta.

That was not my problem.  I need WEP for an older home automation controller turned on.  Evidently if you have WEP enabled it disables WPS.  I discovered this while rebuilding my config.

I disabled WEP.  Successfully paired my wire free. And then turned WEP back on.  Everything works fine.

WPS is disabled if WEP is turned on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Glad to hear you figgered it out. Haven't used WEP in years so never even thought about it.

Also, I didn't mention the beta firmware since not everyone wants to try it. I've been running it with no issues for a couple of weeks. Hope the final release is soon.