Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

It would appear that my camera failed "upgrading". Shouldn't it revert to the last successful start?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pwsharpe
Aspirant
Aspirant

3 REPLIES 3
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

What exactly is the problem ? Camera no longer working, or what ?

pwsharpe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Left it on for 24+ hours, no upgrade. Came here, read that to force an update (upgrade), restart the base, and after that successfully restarts, open the battery door on the camera, wait 10 seconds and close the door. The two lights flashed (yellow and green) which seemed to indicate that the update started. When the lights went out I returned to the website and the status was shown as "updating". After an hour I gave up, opened the battery door to reset camera, and no lights, no click, nothing. Also unable to force a sync with the button on top of the camera. I fear it is bricked. As far as I can tell, there is no way to revert to the previous version of firmware.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon pwsharpe,

It sounds like you may need to contact our Support Center as they may be able to assist you in recovering the camera(s) quickly.

Please call 888-NETGEAR (888-638-4327) for further assistance. If they are not able to assist you in recovering the camera(s) they can initiate the RMA process.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.