Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with two arlo base stations

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Greeny06
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an arlo (original) base station and an Arlo Pro 2 base station that I am trying to run together to increase the WiFi coverage. if I setup just the pro station with 2 cameras, all good. As soon as I plug the other base station in I constantly lose connection from the base station to the camera. Eg. I click on live feed and the camera will work for 2-5sec then say “lost connection” after two or three attempts it may stay connected for longer but generally not. As soon as I unplug the 2nd base station, all good. I don’t under stand why this is happening?? Any ideas people? I have tried the stock standard turn them off and on etc
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use only the original base? Also, while doing that, what happens if you start the Pro base? Where are the bases located and how are they connected to the network? It might be worth restarting the router and any other networking equipment.

Greeny06
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I disconnect the Ethernet cable to the 2nd base station, first one works perfectly. I’ve since removed the 2nd base station, then done a hard reset. Now it has issues with one of the camera but not the other one, while the first base station is working ok?? The wiring is: NBN-router-hardlines-one base station. The other base station has a second router prior to connecting. (Multiple devises in the one room) One is in the front room of the house, the other is on the opposite side of the house about 15m away.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what's going on but it could be a bad base. If swapping locations of the two bases does the same thing, I'd open a case with support here.