Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
patty_davey
Tutor
Tutor

I am having issues with the initial setup and registration of Arlo. I am getting the green power light, and orange web LED light. My modem router is a Billion 7800N Wireless-N ADSL router. The modem is detecting the Arlo with the orange light (which is the same as when I am watching Netflix meaning it is definately connected), but when we go to do the setup on any of our mobile or laptop devices it advises to make sure we are connected to the same network which we definately are. When the Arlo is connected it seems to also keep dropping our internet out. We have tried factory reset, but still no luck. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello patty_davey,

Sorry for the inconvenience of your initial setup for your Arlo.

Please make sure the base station is properly plugged in to the router using a known working LAN cable, you can also try plugging to another LAN port of the router. Also, check if computer gets online through the router when wired to it at the same.

If all are good and you get the same problem, please factory reset by doing the following:

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure.

If you still get the same problem, please contact support, click here for support options.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Also, the computer or smart phone or tablet you use when setting up the Arlo should be connected to the same router where the base station is connected via LAN cable. I suggest you use a computer connected to the router via LAN cable to just to make sure.

regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
patty_davey
Tutor
Tutor
As I said, once the arlo device is connected, it drops my net out, I can not connect via wired or wireless, as soon as I disconnect the arlo, my internet works again flawlessly, each port, and all wireless devices. There is clearly an issue of conflict between the billion bipac 7800n and the arlo unit, rendering it useless.
patty_davey
Tutor
Tutor
Also the network cable has been tested and works, as does the arlo unit itself.
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello patty_davey, 

It appears that there may be some conflict with your Arlo unit and the router (never had seen something like this before). What you can try is to plug your Arlo unit to the router and once you lose your internet, perform a full system reboot , turn on the devices in this sequence Modem>Router>Arlo base station. See if the same issue will occur. 

Hope that helps! 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team