Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues between Netgear Arlo and BT Business Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MickDG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey guys. I recently replaced my Netgear hub with a BT Businesss Smart Hub after it failed. And ever since then we've had problems with our Arlo system:

• Everything says it is online and reports properly into the app
  • We can no longer get a live feed from the camera
  • The camera sporadicallly goes offline
  • The camera appears to record, but only 1 in 20 recordings make it into the library. Although the app notifies us of the new recordings ... they just aren't there.

I've tried everything. Factory reset for the camera. Resetting the base station. Removing and re-adding the camera and base station to the app. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone else had this issue and managed to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

it sounds like a networking issue or wireless interference. Do you have the base station close to your new router/modem?

MickDG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I actually have the base station and camera right next to each other at the moment. The router is three feet from the base station where it's always been, and no other equipment in the house has changed.

Seems to be something about the new router the system doesn't like. I'd check the old one again if it wasn't dead!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MickDG wrote:

The router is three feet from the base station

That could be too close.  See if you can put the base further away (ideally as far as the Arlo ethernet cable will reach).

MickDG
Aspirant
Aspirant

worked perfectly with the other hub for years, but worth a try I guess...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MickDG wrote:

worked perfectly with the other hub for years, but worth a try I guess...

If the base is too close, then the router's signal can potentially overload the base.  So I think it is worth a try.

MickDG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope. The router is now on the other side of the room completely, 15 feet or so away (I have a long cat 5 cable). Exactly the same unfortunately 😥

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.