Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with Grant Access feature, device offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Teslathing
Initiate
Initiate

No matter what I try to do I can only see live videos, battery level, etc on one device.  The other device says that the Arlo device is offline.  It will still send a push notification to both devices (not sure how the "offline" phone is getting notified if it is truly offline) but it seems to take several minutes before the video appears in the library (plenty of time for a potential burglar to get in and out.  Thankfully it's mostly birds the cameras are picking up).  We have granted access to other accounts that we have created but only one device works at once.  It used to work but now it doesn't.  We have deleted the app, resinstalled, restarted the system all to no avail.  I am ready to throw these cameras in the trash after less than 5 months of use.  It's just too frustrating to deal with and no support at all.  Grant access is not working for us and we've tried it several different times.  I have lost all trust in this system.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Teslathing,

Is the device that is showing offline only showing offline for the shared account through grant access? Is it also showing offline for the primary account?

JamesC

Teslathing
Initiate
Initiate

It doesn't matter if it's the main account or the grant access account we can only get one account to work at any given time.  I restart the system and  the first phone will discover the base station and sync the cameras.  When I go to discover the base station on the second phone it cannot find it and it says offline on the app.  However the offline phone still gets notifications and videos will load in the library but it sometimes takes a bit to show up.  You cannot see live videos or battery life on the offline account.  I can make either or the "live" account but not both.  We even created another new grant access account and it acts the same way.  All grant access accounts have the base station and cameras checked to give access to.  I have tried everything with this.  We did get a new modem/router combo from Comcast but that has not affected any other conductivity in the computers,  Netflix etc it actually made things a lot faster.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Teslathing,

If you've already discovered the base station with one account, it cannot be discovered again on another account. It seems this issue requires a little closer investigation with more in-depth troubleshooting. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC