Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a way to manually connect the base unit

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Elmerbriz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

Is there any way to ‘reconnect’ base unit remotely/manually - ie when not connected to the WiFi network (ie not using ‘add device’ on the app)?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there any way to ‘reconnect’ base unit remotely/manually - ie when not connected to the WiFi network (ie not using ‘add device’ on the app)?

No...  not possible

All the units that have bases require access to internet to function... Commands go from you to the cloud to the base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Elmerbriz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Many thanks for your reply. But maybe I was unclear... the base unit and cameras have access to internet and to each other via local WiFi... I have been struck by the ‘base unit offline’ message - I previously solved this by removing base unit and then adding base unit back in via app. It has now happened again though, and I’m away from the WiFi network... so I removed the base unit as before but now need to add back in. The only problem is that I cannot do so via the app as I am not connected to the WiFi network... is there another way of adding the base unit back in? I have hardware and serial numbers of base unit and all cameras.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your supposed to be on the same netwaork when adding the base...

You could possibly try via the web at https://arlo.netgear.com

If NG, then it will have to wait.

Morse is faster than texting!