Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is the base station not connecting error still a problem for some

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Sach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine still isn't working from last night? Cant access the cameras etc. Does anyone know of an update? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I had a similar problem last night, but it's working this morning. I started a thread also, on, what looks to be the same issue???

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I had a similar problem last night, but it's working this morning. I started a thread also, on, what looks to be the same issue???

Sach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks alot. I tried what you suggested to add videos back from the recycling bin and its back up. This is quite odd though.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. I went to bed last night and ot wasn't working. It's back up this mo4ning bit I had to sync all of my cameras since I did a factory reset last night while troubleshooting
Pharaoh
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the solution? 

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I didn't do anything. Just tried when I woke up this morning and it's working.
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

Sach wrote:
Thanks alot. I tried what you suggested to add videos back from the recycling bin and its back up. This is quite odd though.

Sach,

I'm not sure that's a total solution or just a coincidence, even though I'm glad it helped, this was early on in troubleshooting my brand new system. It did help my system at the time, but with my ongoing troubles, I found the wifi reception from base to cameras and cameras to base is the weak link.

Just think of your base station as a set of old rabbit ear antennas. I bought a 50 foot ethernet cable and had a short extension cord so I could move into other rooms and try the reception. When you find the sweetspot, the cameras will literally jump online on your computer or app screen and most of your problems should diminish an the Arlo system will be much more stable.

I think wifi is the entire problem with the entire arlo system, every problem, seems to be wifi related, smearing video's, pixilation, and assorted other issues. Arlo replaced my base station and I've been able to plug it in 4 feet from my cable router, just the way it's designed, which I couldn't with the original base station!!! Now, I don't need the wifi range extender I purchased to get the original base station to work in another room, where it had good communication with the cameras, which would seem to prove that the original base station was indeed a defective.

This in now way absolves Netgear/Arlo, from forcing customers to spend days and weeks, or in my case, months, troubleshooting a product, that should work as intended right out of the box.

I hope this helps.

arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Mine has been plugged in using an ethernet cable from the beginning. Worked for 7ish months and then out of the blue the Internet connection went dark around the same time as many others and has been out for 3 days now.