Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Please move to old Firmware and App as soon as possible and make the system work again. A security system that does not work any more after an update is really crap.

You forced me and the community to move to the new app and renewed the firmware of the base station. Now the geofencing is not working any more. It says repeatedly, that the connection to the base station and internet is lost. When I am arriving at home, Arlo does not detect me any more.

Before the system run fine for a long time without problems. So do the customer a favor and go back and give him back a functional system. Immediately.

Thanks. Sorry, I am really angry, because I bought the system for security reasons and spend a lot of money and now it is not working. 

257 REPLIES 257
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Don’t know if our American cousins have received this but I am based in UK and have just got this

We’re delighted to share some exciting news with you – Arlo has recently agreed to a partnership with Verisure. Verisure is Europe’s leading provider of monitored alarm security systems offering peace of mind to more than 3 million customers globally. As part of the agreement, Verisure will take over Arlo’s European commercial operations, including the stewardship of Arlo user relations.

Verisure will continue delivering you outstanding Arlo services, enabled by us, so little change here. It also plans to enable an extension of these services to a broader range of innovative residential protection services in the months and years to come. As an existing Arlo customer you will, should you wish to, be one of the first to hear about new offers and services.

Ahead of the planned take over, expected by year end, we have updated the terms of service for your account. You can review them and learn more about your related rights here.

If you have questions, contact ArloTermsInquiries@arlo.com.

Thank you for choosing Arlo.

Kind regards,
The Arlo Team

what worries me is they are going to supply the same outstanding Arlo services

-S-
Tutor
Tutor
In my case it’s not Verisure. Not Verisure where I am !
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
They just released 2.11.1 but I am sort of feeling like these updates fix anything but this issue. Installed now so we will see but whatever faith I had left is pretty much gone.
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Updated to that yesterday and now don’t even get the geofencing list message at least when you did get it it remained you to do it manually
Blackrat61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried disconnecting Bluetooth and it appeared to work for a few days...... but sadly now it's the same again! Internet connection lost etc. Come on Arlo, sort this out!!!!

Dr_Henning
Tutor
Tutor

I´m based in Denmark, i also got the new term of service about the sale to Verisure, hopefully there will be a new team of developeres who actully can fix this Geofencing problem, or at least some people who will tell us that they are working on this problem..    

chi_29
Aspirant
Aspirant
This latest release is a complete failure. Geofencing is a disaster and doesn’t work at all now. No warnings and doesn’t even always set if you manually open the app. I’m contacting Arlo for a refund - They have sold a total crap product and either do not care or are a bunch of damn idiots.

I went to 3 local Best Buy stores and put post it notes on Arlo products telling people not to buy and to check online reviews that the system is total crap. I’m leaving reviews wherever I can and hope others are too. Make this company feel the pain and know it will not be tolerated. TheIr incompetence is utterly shocking. I hope they go bankrupt...
akx1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it just me, or Arlo removed any geofencing mentioning on their site? I remember they had a separate section about it and video tutorials.

Anyway, after countless "try deleting and re-installing the app", I managed to get the statement from Arlo confirming they do have a problem and have no idea when it will be fixed. With that, my retailer is refunding me what I paid for my camera back in July. I believe we have up to a year after purchase to refund if the product is faulty and cannot be fixed by the manufacturer (for UK customers).

Maxch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a support request about this issue with Geofencing.

So, the support says that is a known issue with IOS 13 and the dev team is working for a fix.

In the meantime, they suggest to use this as a workaround:

1) https://ifttt.com/applets/413506p-if-you-enter-an-area-disarm-arlo

To use Arlo with Google Maps

2) https://ifttt.com/connect/arlo/life360

To use Arlo with Life 360

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Ok if you are going to try either of these let us know is they work
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Buck passing toss pots. It is not iOS13 issue!!! It is Arlo not being competent developers and adapting their software to work with it in a timely manner! Lol recommend ANOTHER geofencing app (Life 360) that has actually worked on iOS 13 since day 1.

As to how those options work. Tried and they work....sort of. The Ifttt integration triggers that Arlo offer are limited and the reliability is patchy, much like the main app! See Arlo have to maintain the server side of their Ifttt integration, it is not ifttt. Also scheduling is not an option ala the main app.
Turbinette
Tutor
Tutor
Hello guys,

Some good news!
CEO has just posted an update on Twitter. Quoting:

“After working with Apple we believe we have identified the major issue and the API that is being throttled by iOS. A test version is in beta now and is scheduled for submission to Apple next week if testing goes well. Team is working to expedite...”

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/status/1199369964412473344?s=21
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Done having my hopes up. Too many let downs.

It said they “believe” they found a fix but I’m sure they believed there wouldn’t be an iOS 13 related issue with their app either.

And I feel weird at the thought of getting excited for the product I dropped a grand on to work as advertised.
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Well I tired that IFTTT app has was suggested earlier it made no difference let’s see what happens next week 

Maxch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thank you! This saved time for me.
Maccca
Tutor
Tutor
The twittter army has spoken, lets cross our fingers that they actually resolve the issue.

Not sure about the rest of you but my geofencing issues started before iOS 13. Also pretty disappointing that a CEO has to get onto twitter to respond after being flamed - surely this is something that support could have better dealt with by acknowledging the issue and providing updates instead of making us contact support and wasting our time troubleshooting a known issue.
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

While it is encouraging news their development team needs dressing down and/or sackings now.  What he describes on Twitter, "working with Apple", is EXACTLY what Apple encourage app devs to do DURING THE BETA PHASE (June-Sept).  Especially for top tier apps from LISTED companies like this.  You expect a throwaway app to stumble a little when iOS has a major upgrade, but Arlo failing for literally months now is just pathetic, from a software development and quality standpoint. 

Edit: and yes the app had issues long before 13, update break, update fix, update break.  That is also addressed by upping the quality of your developers and QA team.

akx1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seemed to be working on Tuesday-Wednesday, but Android version stopped working since Thursday - my wife's phone is always in zone even if the app open outside of zone.

jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Its a bit early for me but US peeps should crush this live chat with this issue.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-Chat-with-Neal-Skura-Sr-Produc...

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Anybody had any update on when the alleged fix update is coming

sleggat
Tutor
Tutor

Don't go holding your breath, but Arlo's CEO tweeted a couple of days ago that a fix for the geofencing issue in iOS has been submitted to Apple, with cert expected to take 10-20 days.

https://twitter.com/catcalledlinux/status/1201560093981982720

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Cheers,this time next year then if we are lucky

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Anybody know if the new apple update today 13:3 has solved anything

02redcavi
Guide
Guide
I’m going to assume no, nothing about geofencing in information. Arlo customer services tried to update my case to say it should be fixed in which I replied definitely not.
Colbar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated to IOS 13.3 today and you guessed it correctly Geofencing still not working

If I opened the Arlo app on previous IOS my system would turn on via geofencing however that is not the case now since updating to 13.3

I now touch and hold the Arlo app until the sub menu appears, you can then arm or disarm all cameras without having to open the app, painful but is a workaround whilst we wait for the Arlo muppets to fix the problem