Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Please move to old Firmware and App as soon as possible and make the system work again. A security system that does not work any more after an update is really crap.

You forced me and the community to move to the new app and renewed the firmware of the base station. Now the geofencing is not working any more. It says repeatedly, that the connection to the base station and internet is lost. When I am arriving at home, Arlo does not detect me any more.

Before the system run fine for a long time without problems. So do the customer a favor and go back and give him back a functional system. Immediately.

Thanks. Sorry, I am really angry, because I bought the system for security reasons and spend a lot of money and now it is not working. 

257 REPLIES 257
SaltyScientist
Tutor
Tutor
IPhone XR, iOS 13
1low56
Tutor
Tutor

Well I thought the problem was solved but it's been inconsistent now. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. It's better than before but may still be an open issue.

mrubin0818
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same, not using any weird setups like app killing or legacy app or sharing with another user. this just started one day with the ios 13 update. please fix or i will be selling my cameras and looking into other camera options. 

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Trouble is who’s going to buy a crap system that doesn’t work correctly 

jtmitch81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bumping this as I have had the same problem others are describing upon updating to iOS 13.
Hareluya
Guide
Guide

Still no answer on this? I also get the same message every single time.

The Ultra base seems to be working fine, just the Pro 2 base that's not working - I run both because the alarm on Ultra is useless...

LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

The "Internet connection is lost" has been happening intermittently to me. I can't replicate but since I updated my phone and every app is asking for Bluetooth access (annoying) is around the time I think it started.

That said, I just turned off Bluetooth for Arlo and will see if this clears up the issue when I head home shortly and I will report back. It's very frustrating to see keep seeing the same error when I know my Internet isn't down.

LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nope. Turning off bluetooth for Arlo did not do the trick. I get home and it doesn’t know I am home until I open the app.

Terrible.
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still a problem, got it last night.  It is related to the ongoing problems people are having with geofencing - going home and away randomly and not at the proper moment.  It is a never ending cycle of update/break/update/break.

Imagine if Bosch or Chubb had issues like this with their even basic cheap security systems - they would not be in security for long.  Not sure why Arlo gets a pass since they sell as "security systems" too.

iOS 13.1.2

PS.  If it is related to iOS13 in any way (some accounts are that it is not but still) have your woeful devs sign up for this Arlo

https://beta.apple.com/ and maybe get them a handset or 2 to you know....test.

wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue, I have an iPhone iOS13.

It never did affect me as I was using IFTTT triggers to arm and disarm but due to yet another Arlo IFTTT outage I decided to switch back to native Arlo Geofencing, scheduling etc thinking that would be the end of it.  I switch back to be faced with an even bigger problem,  Geofencing isn't fit for purpose.  I had Homeboys which worked faultlessly for about 5 years but unfortunately the batteries are on the way out and you cant replace them, they only cost me £200 for two though!!!!

Its really frankly very poor, when Arlo has any issue it takes them ages to resolve it and this is a major problem. 

Sick of Arlo to be honest, a security system that's far from cheap that's unreliable.  I am currently left with a useless system that's cost me in excess of £500.

When I come to replace my system I will be off somewhere else!!!!!!

-S-
Tutor
Tutor

+1 for this after upgrading to IOS 13 on an iPhone 8

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Just updated to iOS 13 1 3 and for the first time in weeks geofencing worked as I left the zone just see what happens when I return
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been on iOS 13.1.2 for at least a week and Arlo is still giving me problems. Not detecting when I get home, Internet connection is lost when I leave. And all seemingly resolved once I open the app.

Really hope this gets resolved soon. The whole point of this system is peace of mind, which I had, but now, I never know if my system is armed or not.

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Ok following today’s iOS update my geofencing worked both way so fingers crossed, my only question is was it an apple problem or an Arlo one
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is an iOS update today? Hmmm I dont have one for iOS or Arlo.

But after leaving my house “Internet connection was lost” once again. So its not fixed for me.
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
There was a new iOS update today for me 13.1.3
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hasn’t hit my phone yet (Verizon). Ok cool. I’m on 13.1.2 so after I get the update I will report back as well.
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok, I also now upgraded to iOS 13.1.3 after getting home from work. Cautiously optimistic as I took my dog for a walk and it correctly went into away mode after leaving my geofencing area and went back into home mode when I returned.

Not planning on leaving the house until tomorrow morning for work again but this is the first encouraging sign since this problem occurred.
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nope. No good. Left the house this AM and got the “Internet connection is lost” message. Had to launch Arlo app to resolve it.

Interesting. When I walked out of the geofence zone it armed and disarmed correctly.

When I drove out of the geofence zone, it failed. Not sure if that is a thing or just coincidence.

(This is on iOS 13.1.3 on iPhone 8 Plus)
1low56
Tutor
Tutor

Still not resolved. Updated to IOS 13.1.3 and still not working when I leave my house(zone). I have to open up the app as well. 

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Same with me walked out the other day it armed/disarmed drove out didn’t do it ,Arlo have had 3 weeks to sort this
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Confirm 13.1.3 and still the same.  The mode of failure seems like there is a hook or API service that Arlo is not using correctly.  Again just points to a complete lack of software QA and OS awareness.

@JessicaP - update on the fix for all these issues?  Including "Internet connection is lost message", "Need to open app and it figures out my location changed" and "random mode changes when location not changing".  They seem related and you have had 2 weeks.  When you inquire with the so called developers please remember this product purports to be a "security system" and the urgency of complete failure fixes should reflect that. 

wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide

I have upgraded to iOS 13.1.3 and turned Bluetooth access off within the Arlo app.  I have tried with it enabled as well.

I can confirm that Geo-fencing works if I walk away from my property BUT if I get in my car which my phone connects to Geo-fencing doesn't work until I get to my destination and open up the Arlo app.  I also receive the no internet connection error message

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still investigating the issue where some users are receiving "Internet connection is lost. Geofencing in Arlo is unavailable at the moment." We appreciate everyone's patience once again regarding this and will be sure to update the community when we hear any new information/update.

Cance
Guide
Guide
Hi, this is not first time I write on these forums. I am from Italy, and have the same issues, with a lot of problems (messages of lost internet connection, location of both iPhones, not arming and today not disarming when out/in zone).
Please, fix this problems!!!