Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integration with existing standalone LCD video monitors in house

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
maxhill
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I'm interested in upgrading my home surveillance system.  Currently I have wired cameras that continuously transmit on 2 LCD monitors built in the kitchen and master bedroom stud wall using a wireless hub from Swann using standard cables and of course record on a mini DVR.

What I would really like to keep us the constant monitoring of the outside cameras on the screens.  I'm prepared to tinker to make it work.

Any advice how I could keep my monitoring screens in the house?  Is there a video output on the arlo Q setup I can connect my wireless video hub to?

If that fails, I would think I would get some cheap tablets to replace the dedicated LCD screens that continuously show the ARLO app/website? Would that work? 

Anytone doing this type of thing?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only camera that MAY work for you is the Q cameras... the other Arlo cams auto shut down at about 30 mins ( sw to preserve batteries )

Along with the Qs, you may have to go with the CVR option...

We had tested in the beginning as to how long the Q would stay on in LIVE VIEW mode, but along the way the sw has changes a number of times and I am not 100% it will stay on all the time now.  This question would have to prob be answered by Netgear direct now unless one of us take the time to restest ( I don't have the CVR option ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------