Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app battery level always shows FULL!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cameraz
Apprentice
Apprentice

It has been awhile since I have replaced the batteries in my two Arlo cameras (one indoor and one outdoor), but the battery levels on my Arlo app aways shows FULL.

This is obviously wrong, and probably will result with my batteries going dead before I have the chance to replace them.

Can you guys fix this with a software update?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the OEM batteries ?

Do you open and close the battery door alot?

How long have you been running the current batteries?

These help get a better answer....

But, if you want, reboot the Arlo base by the power button and see what happens, 

If still same, open and close the battery door and reboot the base again and see what happens.

Last, open battery door, go to settings and use REMOVE DEVICE, then close battery door and bring back as new ( resync )

On the good side , this is one of the few time someone has complained the batteries are staying full  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
cameraz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are you using the OEM batteries ?

No, I am using Streamlight brand batteries, which are highly recommended and the same brand I have been using without problems since I purchased my Arlo system in Dec. 2015.

Do you open and close the battery door alot?

I never open and close the battery door ... except to replace batteries.

How long have you been running the current batteries?

Current batteries have been in for at least four months, maybe longer..

These help get a better answer....

But, if you want, reboot the Arlo base by the power button and see what happens, 

I rebooted the Arlo base. When look at my app's settings, my outdoor camera battery shows 92%, while my indoor camera battery shows 98%. I will see if these numbers change over the next week or two before I go through the headache of performing your following steps.

Thanks.

If still same, open and close the battery door and reboot the base again and see what happens.

Last, open battery door, go to settings and use REMOVE DEVICE, then close battery door and bring back as new ( resync )

On the good side , this is one of the few time someone has complained the batteries are staying full Smiley Happy

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... so you are using OEM type primary batteries ( non rechargeable )

But to answer maybe better, I have cameras that are used sparingly... the OEM cells run for 7 months,...My normal use cams rund 4 ( all on best video )

It could also be set on best battery or optimized which would help longevity.

Also a check of the sw versions might make a difference.

You'll just have to keep an eye on them and or if uncertain of the life remaining and really want to know it would require pulling out the cells and testing them on a voltmeter.

Can tell you the OEM type cells are 3.2v when new and drop out voltage is about 2.75v.  Usu the email for me is about 10-15% remaining and the cells are about at 2.85v

Nice to see someone else with good battery life.

Morse is faster than texting!
tma
Aspirant
Aspirant

my arlo has a full battery icon on my screen too any solutions to the problem?

cameraz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm still monitoring the situation. I've heard from several people who are seeing this problem, but the folks at Arlo apparently think it's just me.

duqu
Guide
Guide
If you are using one of the apps (iOS, android) make sure you update it.

Have you tried taking them out then putting them back in? Try that. Maybe power toggle the base unit. Only thing I would try then is to make sure the firmware is current and remove/resynching the camera.

GOOD LUCK!!
cameraz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did everything and anything that was suggested. Thanks.

duqu
Guide
Guide
well crap. give the support line a call then... and good luck with that, too.