Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate the Arlo App To Manage Cameras. Need to go to website to manage camera.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Swagger444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since Arlo stopped allowing managing cameras without a subscription I was forced to get a subscription in order to access my additional cameras. What I find frustration is that I have to log out of my app go to their website to My Arlo and manage my cameras from there then I have to log back into my app in order to view the cameras again. The most annoying part is now with the 2 forced step activation it takes a silly amount of time and effort when it could just be done directly from the app like it use to. This specific option can only be accessed from an iPhone by using a browser, why can't they integrate the this to the Arlo app?  

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea what you're experiencing since Arlo hasn't changed anything relative to the cameras/system you list - the free plan is still 7 days for 5 cameras.

Also, you don't have to log out of the app to go to the web client - you just background it. WHile 2FA does add time, there's ultimately no reason you have to jump through these hoops - either the app (if up to date) or web client can perform everything without needing to switch between them.

What "specific option" is only available via the web?