Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installed Base Station and camera but nothing is recording. No Mode Option.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dsealer
Apprentice
Apprentice

So as usual, I've had many problems with this system. Recently cameras and base were off line so over the last week I've been trying to reset everything. I finally got my base and 1 camera installed but nothing is recording. So I thought I'd see how long the camera is programmed to record. But I can't see how to do that because the Mode option is not available.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app and a browser? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

dsealer
Apprentice
Apprentice

I reinstalled the app, though it's not clear which app to choose.  Legacy, because Arlo say it doesn't support the other app after Sept 2019.  So now I've installed legacy.  Each time I open it it asks to have access to my tablet and each time it says a newer version is available.  So after updating the Legacy app several times Arlo can't find my base station.  That shouldn't be so difficult since my tablet is within 6 ft of the base station and 3 ft of my router.

So now I'm left with no  security system.   How about someone supporting the product and a customer?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Legacy is the wrong app - it's going totally away soon. Just use the Arlo (not legacy) app.

However, that shouldn't affect access at the moment. Not sure what you mean by "asks to access my tablet" - do you mean permissions? They should all be allowed.

Drop back and punt. Exactly what state is your system in? Do you have any devices showing in Settings, My Devices? What are the LEDs on the base showing? Be explicit and detail what you've tried and what you see.

dsealer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok here goes.
I have deleted Legacy and only have the Arlo app installed.
I want to use Arlo on 2 devices, my Galaxy Tab S2 and my Galaxy S6 phone.
My base is VMB 3000 at the moment shows only 2 lights
I have 2 Arlo wireless cameras (used to have 3 but one wouldn’t stay on line)
My base is within 6 ft. of the router and is hooked up via cat5 (or 6 not sure at this time)
One camera is within 15 ft. of the base.
Second camera is within 30 ft. of the base
At the moment no devices show in the Arlo app, The app can’t find the base. I haven’t tried to add the cameras
Everything was working until about 2 weeks ago when everything went off line.
I have reinstalled the app, both Legacy and regular Arlo several times.
I have tried to add my base many times but get a message Arlo can’t find any devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks. You almost answered all my questions but one important item is missing - what LEDs are lit and what colors? Generally, you should have 2 green LEDs - power and Internet. If either is not green, there's a problem.

ALso, when trying to set up the system, are you on the same network (i.e. home WiFi) as the base? Are you using a VPN?

dsealer
Apprentice
Apprentice

I do have 2 green lights on my base.  Yes my device is connected to the same wifi

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dsealer,

Are you unable to see your devices showing up on the web client on your computer? We did recently released the new Arlo app, which is version 2.12.1. Try to update your Arlo app on your Android devices to see if that helps.