Initiate Firmware Update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
byakymyk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see a notice that the Firware for the Arlo Wireless cameras was to initiate automatically on Sept 14th.  My system has not updated as of Sept 19th and I have rebooted the router which I thought might help initiate it.  How does one initiate the firmware update for the router and cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My base and camera also didn't immediately update so I simply restarted the base.  Maybe power cycle it and open and close the battery door(s) and wait overnight.  The update may come as soon as the base and cameras restart or it may take overnight. None of my devices is showing the need for an update so I can't test but I think that the base may have a manual update capability by going to Settings, My Devices, your base and clicking on the firmware version or the arrow to the right.  I can't say I've had much luck when trying to manually update but it might work for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My base and camera also didn't immediately update so I simply restarted the base.  Maybe power cycle it and open and close the battery door(s) and wait overnight.  The update may come as soon as the base and cameras restart or it may take overnight. None of my devices is showing the need for an update so I can't test but I think that the base may have a manual update capability by going to Settings, My Devices, your base and clicking on the firmware version or the arrow to the right.  I can't say I've had much luck when trying to manually update but it might work for you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

byakymyk,

Are you still having difficulty with the firmware update? Please let us know!

JamesC

byakymyk
Aspirant
Aspirant

No - Took a few reboots of the router for the firmware update to be picked up.