Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dido
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying an initial camera sync.  When I follow the instructions (the batteries are the right way round, the two left-hand base station lights are green, ...), I press and hold the button on the side of the base station.  After a (longish) while the right-hand green light on the base station starts to flash (the one with the USB symbol) and doesn't stop. I press and hold the camera sync button, but the sync fails (blue light on the camera blinks slowly for a while, then the orange light blinks quickly,  then stops).  What's going on?

The trouble-shooting information provided on the website is (IMHO) useless, since it doesn't actually discuss _trouble_, only the standard procedure for syncing.  Not surprisingly, when I looked, only 2 out of 29 people had found it helpful. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station sync button shouldn't be held for a long time.  I suspect that's your problem.  Try a short press, just enough to start the process.

From the directions:

1. Bring the camera within one to three feet (30cm‑100cm) from the base station.

2. Press the Sync button on the side of the base station.

3. Wait for the Sync Status LED to light green.

4. Press the Sync button on top of the camera.

Dido
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for answering.  The problem is that the Sync Status LED _never_ turns green whether I press the sync button for a short time or a long time.  After a while, as I said, the USB light starts to flash.  But this is the first thing that happens when the sync button is depressed.  

So what do I do now?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd place a trouble ticket for the base station in that case.

Dido
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried again, and finally, with a very brief press on the sync button, it worked, so at last I have a working system.  Many thanks for your help.