Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Individual Arlo Camera Scheduling

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jmb2885
Follower
Follower

I know there is evidently some way to go in and schedule separate cameras to record at different times but I cannot figure it out.  I have modes doing this that and the other but why can't I simply create rules right for each camera by selecting it.  I simply want one camera to stay on 24/7 and the other to turn off a few hours each day.  Why is this so difficult to schedule?  Very close to buying a camera system that is a bit simpler.   

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have a read of the online user manual. Scheduling is pretty simple once you understand how it works

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reading the manual and the FAQs is always a good start. What you have to realize is that you don't set up each camera individually - you create a mode with rules for only the cameras you want. Anycamera without a rule is disarmed. Sounds like you want a mode with only one rule for the 24/7 camera and another mode with rules for both cameras. Then use the schedule to use the 1 camera mode at all times that aren't used by the 2 camera mode, such as:

1 camera mode - 12:00AM to 6AM

2 camera mode - 6:01AM to 10AM

1 camera mode - 10:01AM to 6PM

2 camera mode - 6:01PM to 10PM

1 camera mode - 10:01PM to 11:59PM

The directions for custom modes and scheduling spell this all out for the reading.