Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
I believe the iPhone was set in the Region of Japan, when Arlo App was loaded from Apple App Store. Thus causing the Smart Subscription to be expired. Currently, Japan is in the Reiwa 3 year (of the Emperor). Our calendar sees the expiring year as the year 03. Since our year is 2021, 03 expired 2018 years ago. Thus causing the App Smart Subscription to not work, on that particular iPhone. Does anyone know of a fix? Tried deleting App and reloading, but old data reappears. Resetting iPhone to factory, is not an option. I need to Reload the Arlo App in the correct Region, without carrying over, the old data. Apple support unable to do.
Help!
2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi drm90247,

Try to refer to this Apple Support article to see if that helps: Change your Apple ID country or region

drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your feedback, however, the article discusses what to do prior to changing the region, showing the importance of clearing any subscription and money amounts in any app account, because when you change the region, there is No conversion. I’m wondering if Arlo, or this community has a work around.
Again, thank you for your input.