Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Improve Notification Rules

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sstringer
Follower
Follower

I have a 4-camera Arlo Pro system.  I get so many notifications (50-100/day) that it renders them uselss. 

Yes, I know I can (and have) reduced sensitivities, etc. to fine tune the system.  That's not the point of this feature request.

Motion detection is fine and necessary.  It's just that if I get so many messages (sent to every phone in my family to make matters worse), that I either have to turn them off entirely or ignore them.  Either way, it defeats the purpose of motion detection and alerts.  

What is needed is a much better set of notification rules that send notifications on a camera by camera basis. For instance, send notifications only when a) I'm not home (so a combination of geofencing per camera) and b) only on the first major event within a period of time (yes, I know my dog is outside, now shut up).  Receiving 5 notificaitons in 10 minutes is what I'm trying to avoid here.

The current binary (it's either entirely on or entirely off) system doesn't work.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sstringer,

You can accomplish what you describe by setting up a custom mode with custom rules. Create custom rules with notifications disabled and use these custom modes with the schedule and/or Geofencing to set up for desired time frames.

How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC