Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Triumph250
Guide
Guide

Please extend the amount of time for for downloading firmware updates. I (and others) have slower IP connections and the firmware updates are timing out. It appears that the download is attempted for ~60 seconds before failure. Increasing this to 240-300 seconds should be more than sufficient.

The effort to remove cameras, disconnect the base station, relocate to a location with better IP performance, allow updates to take place and reinstall system every 6 months for every update is becoming burdensome.

Customer support likes to quote a minimum upload speed but, that should not have anything to do with the downloading of firmware updates.

Is there a specific reason to limit the download time? Can the time limit be extended? 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Triumph250,

Who is your ISP and what is your download/upload speed?

JamesC

Triumph250
Guide
Guide

AT&T 

download: 1.1-1.3 Mkbs

upload: .20-.30 Mkps

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Speeds like that are very definitely a problem. Firmware updates and recordings will both be problematic.
Triumph250
Guide
Guide

My recordings, upload, recorded viewing and live streaming are all decent enough.

The problem I am having is with the firmware updates timeing out. The first question is, is there a specific reason why the timeout period is so short? Second, can the timeout period be extended for firmware updates? I am sure that the capability to change this exists, if not at the costomer level, then on the software side.

That us my request for system improvments,