Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hallo Allerseits,

Ich schaffe es nicht die Konfiguration zu machen - seit 4h !!!  Habe alle Anleitungen gelesen !

Was mache ich falsch ???

Bitte um Hilfe.

Gibt's eine Deutschprachige Hotline die man am WE anrufen kann ?

Vielen Dank

MfG

arlo_cam

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Google translation:

I can not get to make the configuration - since 4h !!! I read all the instructions!

What am I doing wrong ???

Please help.

Is there a German speaking hotline that you can call during the weekend?

End of translation

I can't tell you if there's a German-speaking hotline but you can try using the Support link at the top of these pages and then the Contact Support link on that page.  In there I find a German phone number:

0180 690 59 59 (Festnetz 20 Cent/Anruf, Mobilfunk max. 60 Cent/Anruf)

What have you tried?  List the order so we can see if we can help.  More details are useful.

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat,

thank for your answer.

Actual situation: All 3 lights are constantly green (a good sign), BUT the configuration do not start.

The only thing I haven't check until now is my Modem/Router-System. I do not know how to check it. The expainations are too dificult to understand for me.

I have a Thomson-Modem which ist conected with a Netgear Wifi-Extender. The modem itself has no Wifi-function. I had never problems with them. My notebook and my mobile-phone perfectly work.

I am surprised that the green light on the Arlo-Basis is ON, but it does not work ! Why ???

Who can help me ?

Thanks

Best regards

arlo_cam

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe you could describe in more detail where exactly you're stuck.

A problem that I've come across myself is that the official instructions tell you to long-press the sync button on the right of the base station when initiating the sync process with a camera.

However, the button press should be brief, though not too brief. The third light from the left on the base station must blink green, then press the button on a camera to start synching that camera with the base station.

Synching was successful after the blue light on the camera ends in a rapid blink sequence.

-----

Beschreib mal etwas detaillierter wo's denn genau hapert.

Ich hatte z.B selbst ein Problem beim Synchronisieren der ersten Kamera, obwohl in der Beschreibung stand den Synchronisier-Knopf rechts an der Basisstation lange gedrückt zu halten.

Das ist allerdings falsch. Der Knopf darf nur kurz gedrückt werden, aber auch nicht zu kurz, um die Synchronisierungsprozedur in Gang zu setzen. Wenn die dritte LED von links an der Basisstation nach dem Knopfdruck grün blinkt, mußt Du den Knopf an einer Kamera drücken, ebenfalls nur kurz.

Die Synchronisation war erfolgreich, wenn die blaue LED an der Kamera mit einer schnellen Blinkfolge endet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

arlo_cam wrote:

Hi jguerdat,

thank for your answer.

Actual situation: All 3 lights are constantly green (a good sign), BUT the configuration do not start.

The only thing I haven't check until now is my Modem/Router-System. I do not know how to check it. The expainations are too dificult to understand for me.

I have a Thomson-Modem which ist conected with a Netgear Wifi-Extender. The modem itself has no Wifi-function. I had never problems with them. My notebook and my mobile-phone perfectly work.

I am surprised that the green light on the Arlo-Basis is ON, but it does not work ! Why ???

The Internet LED is lit indicating that the base station is capable of accessing the Arlo servers. That's good. You could visit your extender's setup page and verify that the base station has an IP address but the green LED means that's true. So, I expect that you need to sync your cameras to the base, as mentioned above. Press the Sync button on the side of the base for only 1-2 seconds. Then press the Sync button on one camera. The camera should blink the blue led slowly and then rapidly before turning off. If you only get the slowly blinking blue LED followed by the Amber LED, the camera Sync was unsuccessful. Try all cameras, one at a time.

Let's styop here and see if you were successful. Let us know the results as well as what else needs to be done.

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

This is my problem, not the syncronisation of the camera.

The system is searching but stops after a while. Here a screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sorry, screenshot doesn't come through on my end.

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

screenshot.jpg

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

and now ?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Unfortunately, no.

Let me test this:

Picture.png

Click on the image icon above the text composition frame to insert a saved image.

Browse.png

Click the Browse button, select your saved image, then click the Insert Image button.

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's what I did.

I also a inserted an external link.

Here an other try: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/screenshot7ufb4laysm.jpg

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ok, that worked. I can see the three screenshots.

So, what happens after you connect the base station with your router and press the on/off button?

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

It takes about 45 sek that all 3 lights are green.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ok, next there should be a a dialog showing you the serial number of your Arlo base station. I believe you have to select that base station in the dialog and confirm (don't remember the exact details and can't try it now myself).

I take it that you don't see that?

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

No dialog-box with serial number !

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hm. That's a bummer. Not sure what's going on.

I guess you haven't tried calling the support number for Germany yet? (01806) 90 59 59.

I don't know if they are opened 24/7 in Germany. I think in the US they are, don't know if you'd be willing to call the US though: +1 408-638-3750.

You could try the chat line, but that may not be available to you from outside the US.

On Netgear's Contact page for Arlo is a button to initiate a chat with support.

Chat.png

If that doesn't work, and Germany's support isn't open on the weekend, I guess you'll have to call them on Monday.

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Schorschi,

I will phone the German-Support on Monday.

Thanks a lot for your try to help me.

Good night and greetings from Germany 🙂

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ok, sounds good. Keep us posted.

Gute Nacht.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

You know, looking at your screenshots again, I wonder if you might be doing things in the wrong order. Steps 2 and 3 in your screenshots seem reversed.

So, I believe you should first connect your base station, wait until the three lights come on and then navigate to the set up page in the browser. (I could be wrong about this, though).

At least there should be a field to enter your base station's serial number manually.

In the User Guide it says on page 6:

SetUp.png

So, in step 5 you don't even see a text field to enter the serial number manually? I believe that should show up, even if the auto-detect fails. So, if you're not seeing that, I'm wondering if you're on the right page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlo_cam,

Make sure the device you are using to set up is on the same network as the base station.

Have you attempted a factory reset of the base station? The method for a factory reset varies depending on the base station firmware. Consider trying the following:

1. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online and attempt to go through setup again.

If you're still experiencing the same behavior try:

2. Press and hold the reset button AND the sync button on the base station until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online and attempt to go through setup again.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues!

JamesC

arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I called Netgear-Support. The reason might be the combination of my Thomson Modem (without WIFI) and my Netgear-Router (with WIFI). The Arlo-Antenna does not like this combination. I will try in the next days with an other modem (with integrated WIFI). I will keep you informed
arlo_cam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now it works :-))

The combination router and modem was the problem !

ciao