Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IS there a way to have more than 5 cameras active? Is it only limited to 5 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dguilloryjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Arlo base station model: VMB3010r2

Is there a way to have more than 5 camera's active. I remember at one time that the base station had a limit of 5 camera's but not it looks as if i can add another camera. I figured I would ask the group because, I don't mind getting another camera, I just don't want to get another camera and then get a message after I add it saying that I can not view the camera. So question is am I limited to 5 camera's are can I add more camera's. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can have more cameras;

1) upgrade your account to a paid service

2) get another system, open second account with diff pw/email and then GRANT ACCESS back to system 1

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dguilloryjr wrote:

So question is am I limited to 5 camera's are can I add more camera's. 

As @TomMac says, you will either need a paid subscription or use a second account (with another base) if you go over 5 cameras.

Another aspect is that the base station can only handle 5 simultaneous streams.  So I do suggest adding another base along with the camera - whether you use a second account or go with the paid subscription.

dguilloryjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there another base station I can upgrade to that will handle more than 5 camera streams?
dguilloryjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also is there any like data sheet on the bases that will show how many simultaneous streams each can handle.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dguilloryjr wrote:
Is there another base station I can upgrade to that will handle more than 5 camera streams?

I believe all base stations are spec'd at 5 simultaneous streams.

@dguilloryjr wrote:
Also is there any like data sheet on the bases that will show how many simultaneous streams each can handle.

There is a summary of the differences here, but that doesn't show that particular aspect.   

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

The closest thing to a spec on this I know of is here: https://kb.arlo.com/1179521/How-many-Arlo-cameras-can-I-view-at-the-same-time