• 5 Antworten
  • 518 Aufrufe
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 in Unterhaltung
JensT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hallo,

ich habe seit kurzem einen Telekom Bussiness Internet Tarif mit IPv6 only.

Seitdem funktionieren meine Arlo Kameras nicht mehr.

Ich dachte zunächst an ein Konfigurationsproblem und habe mich an den Arlo Support gewendet.

Diet sagte man mir nur, dass Arlo IPv6 nicht unterstützt.

Nähere Details, konnte oder wollte man mir nicht nennen.

Möchte jetzt ungern meine 4 Kameras wegwerfen und auf ein Konkurrenz Produkt wechseln...

Ich verstehe sowieso nicht, warum es nicht geht IPv6 ist dich Stand der Technik.

Hat irgendwer das gleiche Problem?

5 ANTWORTEN 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JensT wrote:

Diet sagte man mir nur, dass Arlo IPv6 nicht unterstützt.

Not sure this is true - if it is, it should certainly be documented (and it is not).

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can confirm (one way or the other).

@JensT wrote:

Ich verstehe sowieso nicht, warum es nicht geht IPv6 ist dich Stand der Technik.

I agree with you. 

Though one possibility is that the cameras can connect if the router is configured to provide local IPv4 addresses (even though it's WAN address is IPv6).  The router (or ISP infrastructure) should have a NAT64/DNS64 gateway.

JensT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Though one possibility is that the cameras can connect if the router is configured to provide local IPv4 addresses (even though it's WAN address is IPv6). The router (or ISP infrastructure) should have a NAT64/DNS64 gatewa

@StephenB I tried this setup, wich works fine for my home network, but not for the Arlo cameras. 

I have no idea, why it does not work......the arlos can't connect.... even reset one and tried a fresh set-up, but the camcould not connect 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JensT wrote:

Though one possibility is that the cameras can connect if the router is configured to provide local IPv4 addresses (even though it's WAN address is IPv6). The router (or ISP infrastructure) should have a NAT64/DNS64 gatewa

@StephenB I tried this setup, wich works fine for my home network, but not for the Arlo cameras. 

I have no idea, why it does not work......the arlos can't connect.... even reset one and tried a fresh set-up, but the camcould not connect 

I'm guessing you are connecting the cameras to the router wifi, and not through a smarthub 

• Does the router wifi allow WPA2 (AES) connections?
  • Is there punctuation in the wifi network name or password?

If you are using a smarthub, then what is the LED status?

Are you seeing the camera in the router's attached device list?

JensT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

the arlos are connected to the router directly.

I am using WPA2 (CCMP). No Interpunktion in password or network name.

Everything works fine, as long as I have an external ipv4 adress.

Connection gets lost when switching to ipv6 only APN...

JensT
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesCor @ @@  @@    @ShayneS can you help with that issue?@